Cannot Find Metadata.dll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Find Metadata.dll

Today I downloaded the latest Irfanview 4.3 and the all-plugins exe for 4.3. Installed both.
    But when I press Ctrl+I on an image, Irfanview still says "Can't load plugin METADATA.DLL"
    Sure this dll is present in the Plugins folder. What's wrong?

Check the Help menu, Installed plugins. If Metadata.dll is not listed, then you probably installed the plugins in the wrong folder. If it is listed then we need the file for testing.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Metadata.dll missing

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Check the Help menu, Installed plugins. If Metadata.dll is not listed, then you probably installed the plugins in the wrong folder. If it is listed then we need the file for testing.
      I installed the plug-ins in the directory "Irfanview/Plugins" and the metadata.dll file is not showing up. Isn't that the folder I should have installed the plugins to? Thanks for your help. And yes, I checked the Plugins under help and it's not listed. I also checked the zip file and it is not included in the zip file.
      Last edited by docgecko; 18.08.2015, 08:55 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

Comment

Which version are you about to install?

In IV 4.40 the Metadata.dll comes with the iview440_setup.exe and is installed here in plugins folder, shows up correctly in Help --> Installed Plugins

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

If you are missing the Metadata plugin the quickest way is to download the zip version of the main program from
          here and just extract the Metadata dll file from the Plugins folder.
          Last edited by Mij; 18.08.2015, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X