Opening DWG Files is not Free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening DWG Files is not Free

I downloaded IV in order to view a .dwg file. Firstly it said it needed plugins, so I got them, and after that it said it wouldn't work until I paid for some more software.
    I dont mind if ppl wish to be paid for creating this programme or others, but it does say on top page of the site that its free.
    cheers charlie

Well, you're wrong. It does work exactly as it says on the IrfanView site.

CADImage - (version 7.2.1.7): allows IrfanView to read DXF/DWG/HPGL/CGM/SVG files (Shareware, third party plugin).

Even without paying for the plugin, IrfanView can view DWG images, but they will have a watermark on them so there's not much that you can do with them, other than seeing what they are.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

While NOT an Irfanview plugin, DraftSight by Dassault Systems is what I use when I get an AutoCAD file that is newer than the version I own. It is free for individual use and can SaveAs in various formats as well as view.

Autodesk had, and I think still has, a program that will view and convert.

Comment

DWG TrueView 2012 can be downloaded from the autodesk website and will convert dwg's from 2012 down to 2000, 2004 or 2007.
        http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...&siteID=123112

Comment

Hi,

My problem is that I get a watermark from cadsofttools.com in *.svg files !!
          Is there anyway to disable the plugin or any workaround? i don't need to see cad images :-)

Thanks

Comment

In Settings, Extensions, Load custom file types, delete the file types that are of no interest to you.

JPG|JPEG|JPE|GIF|BMP|DIB|TIF|TIFF|PNG|PCX|TGA|PCD| SUN|RAS|ICO|AVI|IFF|PPM|PGM|PBM|LBM|WMF|EMF|WAV|PS D|MPG|MPE|MPEG|MID|RMI|MOV|CUR|ANI|DCX|EPS|CLP|CAM|G3|AIF|AU|SND|PSP|PSPIMAGE|ICL|SFW|KDC|RA |MP3|DCM|ACR|FPX|XBM|XPM|DJVU|SWF|FLV|IMG|IW44|WBM P|SGI|RGB|RLE|MED|RLE|SFF|JP2|JPC|J2K|JPF|CRW|B3D| WMA|WMV|TTF|SID|MNG|JNG|RAW|ECW|ASF|TXT|WAD|ICS|IDS|CDR|CMX|N EF|NRW|ERF|ORF|RAF|MRW|DCR|X3F|SRF|ARW|PEF|RW2|RWL |SRW|MOS|3FR|OGG|DWG|DXF|DDS|JPM|PLT|CR2|DNG|PS|PDF|AI|CGM|SVG|DCM|HDR|FITS|HDP|WDP|JXR|EXR|WSQ|JLS|WBZ|WBC|MP4| MKV|MTS|M2TS|TS|M2T|M4V|3GP|VOB|MPO|PDN|XCF|WEBP|W EBM||
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi,

I have deleted DWG and DXF but SVG files continue with the watermark. I want to load svg files with no watermark at all. Sure, there is something I did not understand in your explanation. thanks again for your clarification.

Comment

If you wish to view SVG files (or others) without the watermark, register the plugin.

What you're asking, in effect, is for a way to circumvent the licensing agreement, which would be illegal and a violation of the TOS for this forum.

Most Internet browsers can view SVG files, so use a browser to view them.

Comment

Working...
                X