Ghostscript for PDF files.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Ghostscript for PDF files.

I am trying to convert a PDF to a jpeg and keep getting error message that I need to download Ghostscript. Ghostscript is downloaded into WINAR. I have tried to extract it but no matter where I put it, I open Irfanview and try to open the PDF file and I get the error message again, can't find ghostscript. PLEASE HELP my question is, where do I extract the ghostscript file in my computer for Irfanview to recognize it?????
    Last edited by mrscooper; 07.11.2011, 09:44 AM.

Where did you get Ghostscript from? Get it from HERE.

Comment

That is where I downloaded it but it downloads in winar so where do I extract it to?????

Comment

What do you mean? Are you using Windows? Mine is an executable with installer. I think you may have downloaded the wrong package.

Look HERE

gs904w32.exe for Windows x86 (32 bits) and gs904w64.exe for Windows x64 (64 bits). The remaining two below are LINUX binaries (I think).

Comment

this is the one I have downloaded: gs904w64.exe for Windows x64 (64 bits) My computer is new and I have Window 7. When I try to open a PDF file I am still getting the error cant find or cant load ghost script?

Comment

Here is what it says:

C:\Users\Owner\Death Certificate.pdf : Decode Error!!

Can't load Ghostscript or Ghostscript Error.

Install Ghostscript from: (then it gives me the sites you sent me to)

Comment

Check Irfanview's configuration to see if the path to Ghostscript files is okay.

Comment

The Ghostscript link on the Irfanview plugins page does seem to be incorrect. I downloaded mine from the Ghostscript website here and it worked fine. Both 32 and 64 bit versions are there.

I installed the program (32 bit Windows version) to the default directory in Program files. After opening a PDF file the following new section appeared automatically in the i_view32.ini configuration file.

[Ghostscript]
                GS_Location=0
                GS_DLL=C:\Program Files\GS\Bin\gsdll32.dll
                xDPI=96
                yDPI=96
                Paper=a4
                Antialiasing=1

Footnote: I do not know if the 64 bit version works with Irfanview. I doubt that you get any extra performance from using it anyway.
                Last edited by Mij; 09.11.2011, 04:04 PM.

Comment

My opinion:
                  IrfanView is a 32bit application.
                  That's why you must use also a 32bit version of Ghostscript!
                  (Take GPL Ghostscript → "gsxxxw32.exe"!)

See also derniwi's answer in the thread: "Ghostscript error on Win 64 bits"

Comment

OMG..............thank you all sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. Downloaded like you said the 32 bit and it is now working. God Bless You All!

Comment

Glad to hear you got it fixed.

Regards.

Comment

Marked as "Solved"

Stefan

Comment

Working...
                        X