Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved How to hide menubar permanently?

Hi everyone,

I want to hide the menu bar when i view the images and It can be hid by view->show/hide menubar button or by short cut Alt+Shift+M.
    However, when I restart the IV, the menu bar appears again.
    So, how can I hide it permenantly unless I press Alt+Shift+M ?
    Any suggestion is greatly welcome.
    Thanks in advance.

You can hide the menu bar if you are using IrfanView with the additional command line parameter ”/hide=x”. The value ”4” for ”x” hides the menu bar.

Example:

i_view32.exe /hide=4

For more informations about this and all other command line parameters, please consult the IrfanView programm help file, chapter ”Overview | Command Line Options”.
    »Und so, in eurer Verzweiflung, kommt ihr zu mir.«

Texteditor EmEditor:
    Deutsche Sprachdatei (v7.01) für EmEditor Pro 7.02 (englisch)
    EmEditor Pro 8.06 (deutsch) | Deutsche Sprachdatei (v8) für EmEditor Pro 8.06 (englisch)
    Deutsche Sprachdatei (v9.16) für EmEditor Pro 9.17 (englisch)

Comment

Originally posted by Foxy View Post
      You can hide the menu bar if you are using IrfanView with the additional command line parameter ”/hide=x”. The value ”4” for ”x” hides the menu bar.

Example:

i_view32.exe /hide=4

For more informations about this and all other command line parameters, please consult the IrfanView programm help file, chapter ”Overview | Command Line Options”.
      Thank you, Foxy.
      It works when I start IrfanView in the command line.
      But, Is there any way to make it work as well, when I double click a image file in the explorer windows?
      By the way, My OS is Win 7 and the irfanview version is 4.30.

Comment

There is a way – but you must manipulate some entries inside the Windows registry.

Example for BMP files:

Open the Windows registry (regedit.exe), navigate to the subkey ”HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\IrfanView.BMP\shell\open\command
        and change the value of the ”default” entry from (don’t forget to adapt the IrfanView program path)
        "C:\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" "%1"
        to
        "C:\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" "%1" /hide=4

Repeat this procedure for every ”HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\IrfanView.???”-key. After that, IrfanView starts without the menu bar for all bounded file types.
        »Und so, in eurer Verzweiflung, kommt ihr zu mir.«

Texteditor EmEditor:
        Deutsche Sprachdatei (v7.01) für EmEditor Pro 7.02 (englisch)
        EmEditor Pro 8.06 (deutsch) | Deutsche Sprachdatei (v8) für EmEditor Pro 8.06 (englisch)
        Deutsche Sprachdatei (v9.16) für EmEditor Pro 9.17 (englisch)

Comment

Thank you, Foxy.
          It works well.

Comment

What does "don’t forget to adapt the IrfanView program path" Mean?

I changed the registry, but dont know what that means?

It still opens with the menu bar.

EDIT::: Ok found the answer. the ini file to be edited is the one in appdata/roaming etc.
            Last edited by jill3s; 25.08.2012, 05:04 PM.

Comment

I do not think you have found the answer. It is the program path where the file i_view32.exe is located that you want, not i_view32.ini.
              The most common place (for 32 bit Widows system) is "C:\Program files\Irfanview\i_view32.exe"

Comment

Ah yes! I realize this thread is significantly very old but I am glad I found it. The registry method works perfectly! So for anyone pursuing this in the future, know that. Just do not include the /hide=4 in quotation marks at the end of the line.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-07-02 17 09 20.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	81702

Comment

Although it does not hide it permanently you can now have a copy of Irfanview, with the menu bar hidden, as an External editor. It may be a good second best for someone who does not want to go poking around in the registry.

Open Irfanview, press P to open the Properties/Settings dialog (a useful hotkey to remember if you are going to hide the menu bar), click on the "Miscellaneous" tab and in one of the External editor boxes type
                  C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view32.exe ""%1" /hide=4"
                  making sure that you have got all the " marks in the right place. (External editor 2 might be a good choice because the hotkey for that is Shift+2 which is " on most keyboards)

Now when you open Irfanview you will initially see the menu bar, but just press Shift+2 and another copy of Irfanview opens over the top of it without the menu and you can go on using that to view images as long as you like before closing both copies.
                  Last edited by Mij; 03.07.2017, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Code:
                    [Menu]
                    Active=0
                    Add that to the ini file (possibly in
                    Code:
                    C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\IrfanView\i_view32.ini
                    but this will vary depending how you installed it and if it's the 64 bit version etc.)

If there is already a [Menu] section in the ini file, then modify it accordingly.

See the FAQ at https://www.irfanview.com/faq.htm#PAGE10

Q: Advanced: Is there a trick to hide program menu and caption permanently, similar to toolbar and status bar?
                    A: Yes. In the INI file, write in section [Menu] Active=0 to hide menu, in section [Caption] Active=0, to hide the program title.

Comment

Working...
                    X