Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "disappointing" moments of administrating a support forum...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "disappointing" moments of administrating a support forum...

... comes when I read this kind of emails:

Guys, I am just trying to find a programme that'll read a dwg file. Why is this such a proiblem?
    Sorry, but mail address is just for forum problems - http://irfanview-forum.de/showthread...rfanView-Forum

This is bullshit. I have tried regiistering . emailing etc ad bloody
    nauseum. If you want money. why cant you just say so. instead of the
    endless run around with pw ., stupid code words etc.
    Honestly I don't know what the problem is.

Finally I got the thing to download, and now it needs additional
    software , which , unsurprisingly enough requires money. If there is
    an authority I can report you misleading bastards to. I hope I can
    find it. Shame on You
    To make it clear:

We have very great and motivated moderators in this forum, who spend a lot of time in replying to other people's support iussues. And yes, they do it to help other people.

And that's the reason why I can't understand that other people (like the one who wrote this mail to me) don't know or appreciate that.

So I just want to give thanks to the moderators here (who don't earn any money for that - we all do it just to help other people!) and of course to all forum users, who visit the forum regulary + give very useful hints!

Stefan

Yes, I get one or two of those too, but fortunately they are few and far between. Someone was having a problem finding the button to post a new thread, so I sent him a link to it. This is the thanks I got:
    Dear Madam, The fact that I am missing it means it is not obvious, certainly not to me. If it were obvious, I would have found it. Your premise is that I am an idiot. Since all of my IQ scores (4 tests) are at or above 140, I would suggest your premise is wrong, and your sense of superiority without justification.

If you've no intent to help, then don't. Your insults are both unecessary and an indication you are ill suited to be a moderator. It is sad you do not recognize the difference between ignorance and stupidity, but then, the arrogant and stupid rarely do. Which are you?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Those guys are excessively cranky!! To all moderators and those who answer questions; Big Thanks!
      gr

Comment

Since all of my IQ scores (4 tests) are at or above 140, I would suggest your premise is wrong, and your sense of superiority without justification.
        I am a newbie at these boards, but not a newbie to forums. I started my own thread, finding the method to "Start New Thread" rather easily. I guess that makes my IQ equivalent to 180?

Seriously, anyone who brags about IQ over 140, on 4 tests no less, definitely has an IQ half that listed. At least that is what I have found to be true.

Furthermore, I feel sympathy for those moderators who get such emails. I know what you feel. I am a moderator on two forum boards, and I have seen my fair share of such.

rmfr
        What's the difference between a good friend and best friend? A good friend will come down and bail you out of jail. A best friend will be in jail with you saying, "Dude, we messed up."

Comment

Reading threads like this is the same as my wife watching the hoarding shows on TV, afterwards I don't think I really am all that bad a person. Bawahahaha Thanks for what you do.
          "No job is too hard for the person who does not have to do it.

Comment

I used to help out with administrating a forum, but the levels of spam, blind stupidity or complete ignorant rudeness became so upsetting to me I stopped doing it. I suspect that a 'younger' generation used to start-ups with millions of pounds in budgets, huge development teams and 24/7 instant support are childishly and ignorantly disappointed when a virtually budget less, freely available piece of software with volunteer supporters does not meet the high bar set by FB, Google or Microsoft.

Personally I find it quite funny to read the email quotes you posted, but I fully understand why after a while they get to you. Please do not let them. There is an overwhelming number of people that not just hold you in high esteem for your efforts and past work, but are eternally grateful and thankful for your efforts and commitment to freely help others. If only Karma was real, you would have built up a massive positive balance in the Karma bank from the silent(ish) majority that appreciate everything you do.

Thank you. But please keep posting the stupid comments, they are genuinely quite amusing to read, even though it is probably non-pc to laugh at the mentally diminished.

Best wishes,

Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by pauld View Post
              If only Karma was real, you would have built up a massive positive balance in the Karma bank from the silent(ish) majority that appreciate everything you do.

Thank you. But please keep posting the stupid comments, they are genuinely quite amusing to read, even though it is probably non-pc to laugh at the mentally diminished.
              You should believe it. Kamma is real, but frequently misunderstood. One should study the Buddha's teaching in detail to understand the workings of kamma. A brief summary can be found in my Introduction to Kamma.

In brief, kamma means "intention" not "action," nor the fruition of kamma, which is called "vip?ka" when what goes around comes around.

Originally posted by Dhp v 77
              “Let him advise, instruct, and dissuade one from evil;
              truly pleasing is he to the good, displeasing is he to the bad.”
              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
              X