Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Irfanview 4.32 darkens the background of text shown on full screen (scrshot attached)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Irfanview 4.32 darkens the background of text shown on full screen (scrshot attached)

Irfanview 4.32 darkens the background of the text shown on full screen. Screenshot (text with black background encircled in red) is attached in this post. How do I disable this and revert to the old pre-4.32 behavior without the dark background?
    Attached Files

I cannot reproduce the behaviour here. Have you disabled transparency for the text background?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      I cannot reproduce the behaviour here. Have you disabled transparency for the text background?
      Found out how to fix it: Upon updating to to 4.32, the option in 'Settings > Fullscreen/Slideshow > Backgr. is semi-transparent', is enabled. I just disabled that setting and am now back to my pre-4.32 text style (only 'Background is transparent' is enabled).

This is in a Windows 7, 64-bit PC, with Windows Aero enabled, if that helps.

My question now is: Is this (Backgr. is semi-transparent) a new option or not? If yes, Irfanview probably shouldn't enable it by default for those that have 'Background is transparent' enabled.

Comment

Its a new option, so it should be enabled by default then more users will discover it, as you did.
        Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 20.12.2011, 09:53 AM.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X