Thread: Pseudo CBZ/CBR addon

Version
    IrfanView 4.35
    OS
    64-bit Win 7 Home Premium SP1
    CPU Cores

Unhappy Scary Scenario

Quote Originally Posted by riot View Post
    Anyone know where I can get this from or post another copy? The link is dead and haven't been able to locate it anywhere else.
    Whoa...! You tried to download the E-COMIC SUPPORT add-on and the link was dead?!

You know, that's a little scary. The possibility that circumstances might come about which would make finding or downloading the Add-on unlikely or difficult.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	raccoon points outward to the sky in fear terror and disbelief tr50.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	3499

That in mind, I'm hosting a copy of the file too, now. You can download it from:

http://www.mediafire.com/?aux4ht8upercsdy

So between this, the attachment uploaded into this thread, and the original hosting site, the E-COMIC SUPPORT add-on should stay within reach of those that would like to use it for quite some time.

Version
    IrfanView 4.35
    OS
    CPU Cores

Unhappy Pseudo CBZ/CBR Addon -- Compatibility Problems with Satsuki.CBZR.IrfanView.addon

You know... As regards the Satsuki CBZR IrfanView addon ...
    I'm no longer able to get this to work in Irfanview v4.41 64bit (the version I currently have installed).

Do you guys have any tips for getting this to work?
    Does it work for you in Irfanview v4.44 64bit ?

I'm on Windows 10 and am dying to get this to work properly again.

Incidentally, the version of the add-on that I have been trying to get working properly can still be downloaded via:

http://www.mediafire.com/?aux4ht8upercsdy
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 12.02.2017 at 10:07 PM. Reason: fixed typo

Version
    IrfanView 4.44
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

I have no time nor Comic Books to test this, and I don't fancy installing an executable. Presumably, it is looking for IrfanView in C:\Program Files (x86), so won't work with the 64-bit version unless you install it there.

Download 4.44 and try it yourself. Install it in C:\Program Files (x86).

Version
    IrfanView 4.35
    OS
    CPU Cores

Quote Originally Posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
    I have no time nor Comic Books to test this, and I don't fancy installing an executable. Presumably, it is looking for IrfanView in C:\Program Files (x86), so won't work with the 64-bit version unless you install it there.

Download 4.44 and try it yourself. Install it in C:\Program Files (x86).
    You know... that sounds like a pretty good idea! Definitely worth trying out.

Can you tell me how I can backup my current Irfanview 4.41-64bit settings, for later re-import into v4.44 ?

I'd like to try your idea, but would like to have my current settings backed up first before I un-instal v.4.41

Version
    IrfanView 4.44
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

IrfanView settings are stored in the %appdata% folder.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IrfanView Settings.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	4.9 KB 
ID:	4680  

Version
    IrfanView 4.35
    OS
    CPU Cores

Lightbulb Compatibility Problems with Satsuki.CBZR.IrfanView.addon and workaround

Well guys, I actually managed to come up with a work-around to get the 'Satsuki Pseudo CBZ/CBR addon' to work on my system. Namely, I installed 'Irfanview 32bit Portable 4.35', and then installed the 'Satsuki Pseudo CBZ/CBR addon' in the same directory. Now whenever I double-click a .CBR or .CBZ file, it loads up in 'Irfanview 32bit Portable 4.35' and doesn't conflict with my current version of Irfanview (presently 64bit Irfanview v4.41) which is still my main image-viewer.

That in mind, I've posted a .RAR containing 'Irfanview 32bit Portable 4.35' AND the 'Satsuki Pseudo CBZ/CBR addon' at mediafire, which you can download via: https://www.mediafire.com/?e5fgi65q0a18x87

Even so, it would be best if somebody could modify the 'Satsuki Pseudo CBZ/CBR addon' so that it's fully compatible with current versions of Irfanview, or if .CBR and .CBZ files were fully compatible with Irfanview natively, and would function in the same manner as Irfanview does when the 'Satsuki Pseudo CBZ/CBR addon' is working properly.

That in mind, if you think you can modify the 'Satsuki Pseudo CBZ/CBR addon' so that it's fully compatible with current versions of Irfanview, then speak up and bump this thread. To that end, you can download just the 'Satsuki Pseudo CBZ/CBR addon' via http://www.mediafire.com/file/aux4ht...+IRFANVIEW.exe if you want to tinker with it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hard at work.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	665.4 KB 
ID:	4691

Thread Information