Pseudo CBZ/CBR addon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compatibility Problems with Satsuki.CBZR.IrfanView.addon and workaround

Well guys, I actually managed to come up with a work-around to get the 'Satsuki Pseudo CBZ/CBR addon' to work on my system. Namely, I installed 'Irfanview 32bit Portable 4.35', and then installed the 'Satsuki Pseudo CBZ/CBR addon' in the same directory. Now whenever I double-click a .CBR or .CBZ file, it loads up in 'Irfanview 32bit Portable 4.35' and doesn't conflict with my current version of Irfanview (presently 64bit Irfanview v4.41) which is still my main image-viewer.

That in mind, I've posted a .RAR containing 'Irfanview 32bit Portable 4.35' AND the 'Satsuki Pseudo CBZ/CBR addon' at mediafire, which you can download via: https://www.mediafire.com/?e5fgi65q0a18x87

Even so, it would be best if somebody could modify the 'Satsuki Pseudo CBZ/CBR addon' so that it's fully compatible with current versions of Irfanview, or if .CBR and .CBZ files were fully compatible with Irfanview natively, and would function in the same manner as Irfanview does when the 'Satsuki Pseudo CBZ/CBR addon' is working properly.

That in mind, if you think you can modify the 'Satsuki Pseudo CBZ/CBR addon' so that it's fully compatible with current versions of Irfanview, then speak up and bump this thread. To that end, you can download just the 'Satsuki Pseudo CBZ/CBR addon' via http://www.mediafire.com/file/aux4ht...+IRFANVIEW.exe if you want to tinker with it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hard at work.png
Views:	1
Size:	665.4 KB
ID:	81610
    Attached Files

Comment

Un-installing 64bit version and installing 32bit version of Irfanview

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      IrfanView settings are stored in the %appdata% folder.
      I'm thinking of un-installing ' 64bit Irfanview v4.41' and replacing it with the latest 32bit version in its stead.
      You mentioned before that settings are saved in the %appdata% folder, which I guess is the same thing as 'C:\Users\user-name\AppData\Roaming\IrfanView' folder.
      So, I'll save those files before un-installing.

As the i_view64.ini contents go, can I simply copy-and-paste them into the i_view32.ini file that the new installation will create?

Additionally, is there anything else you recommend that I should do or back-up before I un-install it, and then install the the latest 32bit version?

Click image for larger version

Name:	upload-v6q8lgf6hnrv26ch7580hbotl0334155.jpg-final.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	81611

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
        IrfanView settings are stored in the %appdata% folder.
        Would still love a reply to my post above, man.
        I'm just a little nervous about un-installing / re-installing software, these days.

Comment

Basic but operating great

Hi Satsuki,
          Many thanks for your great addon (cdrzviewer)!!
          I installed your addon in the subdirectory IrfanView\App\IrfanView\Plugins, because your plugin didn't work with i_view64.exe. In the App-folder there's the 32 bits version and there your Satsuki-Addon works at high-speed. Earlier I used ComicRack to read my CBR-files, but I allways like to keep it simple and your plugin does the job fantasticly!
          ...better late than never...

some edit:
          IrfanView in the IrfanView App-directory (x86-version) has it's own ini-file, so IrfanView x64 starts with the earlier set Properties.
          My Properties for reading CBR's (in the x86-version):
          Start in full screen: No (for quickly browsing to a page)
          Viewing: Center window when loading new image; Remember the last window size
          Full screen: Fit image width to screen width
          The first page will show 'fit to image' and after an Enter the CBR-file will show 'full screen'.
          Last edited by Sjef; 14.02.2018, 02:26 PM.

Comment

IrfanView addon - Satsuki CBZR (update for x64)

Attached is a modified version of CBZR addon that works with IrfanView 64-bit (only). The 32-bit version will not work with this version. Follow the instructions and please provide feedback.

cdrzviewer.exe
            modified date: 2018-02-22
            modified by: elric
            SHA-256: 66c8b47470bfaa06f478f1bc5a0281397c2a7a933ef74438bc 0bebebf84c470c

# Purpose
            The executable has been modified to search for i_view64.exe instead of i_view32.exe, which allows it to work with 64-bit versions of IrfanView.

# Pre-requisites
            * Windows 64-bit

# Installation
            1. Install IrfanView (64-bit)
            2. Install Satsuki CBZR IrfanView addon
            3. Copy and overwrite cdrzviewer.exe into the installation folder of Satsuki CBZR IrfanView addon
            4. Start the addon. At the prompt, navigate to your IrfanView 64-bit installation folder (typically, C:\Program Files\IrfanView)

# Optional
            You can also update the 7-zip dll and exe with the current version from http://www.7-zip.org/

# Todo
            Repack the NSIS installer (or create a new one) with the modified exe, and updated 7-zip files.

BR,
            elric
            Attached Files

Comment

You can also open the cbz file with the free Sumatra PDF http://sumatrapdf.ru/ program. I've been looking for something similar for a long time and yet I found it. I recommend.

Comment

This looks like an old thread, so this is probably a long shot in the dark, but... Does anyone know if the original source code for this plugin was ever made available? I'm hesitant to just download random .exes, and I'd be interested in seeing how this was made.

Comment

Working...
                X