Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pseudo CBZ/CBR addon

Hello.
    I love the irfanview viewer but it's to bad you can't view cbr/cbz archive with it.
    So i made a realy simple pseudo addon to open cbz/cbr file with irfanview.

When the addon is installed, when you click a cbz/cbr file, it unzip the archive file in a temporary folder (with 7-zip command line version) then open the folder with irfanview, when you close irfanview, it's deleting the temporary folder.

It works in VB.net so you'll need the .net framework 4.0 to make it works.

I think a real programmer can made an optimised version of this "addon" in pure c++ so it won't need any .net frameworks ^^

the addon as been tested in windows 7 32bits / 64 bits and windows vista 32 bits but to my mind it can works in windows xp too.

it's working great but can take some time to open big archive file or with slow computers.

it can open more than one cbz/cbr file at the same time without bug.

i detected no bug in 15 days of testing with cbz/cbr file from 10mo to 200mo.

the "addon" don't works with password protected cbz/cbr files

here the link:
    ftp://ftp2.yatoshi.com/yatoshi/Satsu...View.addon.exe

Hi,

tried it with a cbr file which I find on the internet: yeah, it´s working

But I highly recommend to use Environment.GetFolderPath(SpecialFolder.Applicatio nData) as the temp directory and not the Program Files directory!

Comment

thanks for the advice.

you're right because in vista/seven if don't have admininistrator rights it could block the extraction.

i'll mod it this evening after my job (need some time to do it because it's my first program in .net).
      i spotted a bug too, if you open 2 cbz/cbr file at the same second, it bugs because the temps folder is time based, so i need to to mod it to make it "time + archive name" based to avoid this bug.

as i say, it's a pseudo addon, it's here to prove it can works, but i hope a real programmer will do a better job in pure c++ (the best solution would be to my mind to create some kind of ramdisk for the cbz extraction instead of extration to the hard drive but i don't found a simple way to do it in vb.net ^^')

Comment

Maybe you can put smaller cbr files in a memory stream

Comment

Link updated

changelog:
          -Solved a potential bug with non administrator account in windows vista/7 (now use application install folder instead of application data folder as temporary folder).
          -Solved a bug if you oppened 2 cbr/cbz file at the same second (added the cbz/cbr file name in the temps folder).

todo (in a lonnnng time, need lots of vb.net practice)
          -Replace hard drive temps folder with ram if enought ram free.

Comment

Link updated

changelog:
            -Solved a bug with some folder name

Comment

The "Pseudo CBZ/CBR addon" works TERRIFICALLY and allows me more freedom when viewing my CBR or CBZ image-comics or image-books with more versatility than CDisplay ever did!! You did great work here! Thank you VERY much! I strongly motion that this become installed with IrfanView by default!

Click image for larger version

Name:	transparent background exploitable myoc redux anime schoolgirl calling you awesome revised dec 2.png
Views:	1
Size:	460.3 KB
ID:	80868

THANKS AGAIN!!

Comment

Anyone know where I can get this from or post another copy? The link is dead and haven't been able to locate it anywhere else.

Comment

Here it is as atachment. Retrived (2013.02.26) 05:33 CET
                  Attached Files
                  Imi este indiferent ce cred ceilalti despre mine, caci oricum fiecare crede ce-i convine lui si nu ceea ce e real,
                  doar ca mi-ar fi placut sa ma vada asa cum sint de fapt, nu asa cum poate le-ar placea lor sa creada. Ei au ales deja...

··÷¦÷·· ·· · · · ·· ··÷¦÷·· ·· · · · ·· ··÷¦÷·· ·· · · · ·· ··÷¦÷·· ·· · · · ·· ··÷¦÷··
                  ·· · ·M· · ·I· · ·D· · ·I· · ·· ·· ·M· · ·A· · ·N· · ·I· · ·A· · ·C· · ·S· · ··
                  ··÷¦÷·· ·· · · · ·· ··÷¦÷·· ·· · · · ·· ··÷¦÷·· ·· · · · ·· ··÷¦÷·· ·· · · · ·· ··÷¦÷··

Comment

Thanks Jaff!

Originally posted by Jaff View Post
                    Here it is as atachment. Retrived (2013.02.26) 05:33 CET

Comment

Scary Scenario

Originally posted by riot View Post
                      Anyone know where I can get this from or post another copy? The link is dead and haven't been able to locate it anywhere else.
                      Whoa...! You tried to download the E-COMIC SUPPORT add-on and the link was dead?!

You know, that's a little scary. The possibility that circumstances might come about which would make finding or downloading the Add-on unlikely or difficult.

Click image for larger version

Name:	raccoon points outward to the sky in fear terror and disbelief tr50.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	80920

That in mind, I'm hosting a copy of the file too, now. You can download it from:

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

So between this, the attachment uploaded into this thread, and the original hosting site, the E-COMIC SUPPORT add-on should stay within reach of those that would like to use it for quite some time.

Comment

Pseudo CBZ/CBR Addon -- Compatibility Problems with Satsuki.CBZR.IrfanView.addon

You know... As regards the Satsuki CBZR IrfanView addon ...
                        I'm no longer able to get this to work in Irfanview v4.41 64bit (the version I currently have installed).

Do you guys have any tips for getting this to work?
                        Does it work for you in Irfanview v4.44 64bit ?

I'm on Windows 10 and am dying to get this to work properly again.

Incidentally, the version of the add-on that I have been trying to get working properly can still be downloaded via:

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.
                        Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 12.02.2017, 10:07 PM. Reason: fixed typo

Comment

I have no time nor Comic Books to test this, and I don't fancy installing an executable. Presumably, it is looking for IrfanView in C:\Program Files (x86), so won't work with the 64-bit version unless you install it there.

Download 4.44 and try it yourself. Install it in C:\Program Files (x86).
                          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
                            I have no time nor Comic Books to test this, and I don't fancy installing an executable. Presumably, it is looking for IrfanView in C:\Program Files (x86), so won't work with the 64-bit version unless you install it there.

Download 4.44 and try it yourself. Install it in C:\Program Files (x86).
                            You know... that sounds like a pretty good idea! Definitely worth trying out.

Can you tell me how I can backup my current Irfanview 4.41-64bit settings, for later re-import into v4.44 ?

I'd like to try your idea, but would like to have my current settings backed up first before I un-instal v.4.41

Comment

IrfanView settings are stored in the %appdata% folder.
                              Attached Files
                              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
                              X