No announcement yet.

zoom bug with <ctrl> + (Mouse wheel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported zoom bug with <ctrl> + (Mouse wheel)

Hi,

i use the actual version of IrfanView 4.32 on a Win7 HP 64 bit.
    HW: i7 860, ATI 5850, 8GB

I have found a bug with the zoom function <ctrl> + (mouse wheel).

I have read about the new? function to zoom in and out with the mouse wheel and try it on
    the included files in the installation directory of iv. (..\IrfanView\Toolbars\): Samuel_16.png or Grosberg_24.png.

When i play a little bit with the zoom function i get at zoom out an error (see also the attachment iv-bug.jpg) or sometimes a hanging in the program.

I get also a hanging with the attached jpg-file.

I think the error is general because png and jpg-files have the same problems at zoom out.

Ciao,

EisWaffel
    Attached Files

No sign of a problem here.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I cannot reproduce the problem EisWaffel reports either. However I notice that if I zoom too quickly in Full screen mode using Ctrl+mousewheel it switches back to window mode.

Comment

Hi,

I also tried to reproduce this -> just getting a small "delay" but IrfanView does not hang or crash.

Maybe it´s a problem on 64-bit systems (I´m on a 32 bit system like Bhikkhu and Mij!)

Stefan

Comment

I've tested it also (on 64-bit system, Win 7 Professional SP1) - but I can't reproduce the bug.

My used sample picture = 4368 x 2912 pixel and file size = 3,99 MB.
          Using the toolbar skin "Samuel_16" the zoom function (CTRL + mouse wheel) works (from 3% to 3655%) without any mistakes!
          Using the toolbar skin "Grosberg_24" the zoom function (CTRL + mouse wheel) works (from 3% to 3969%) without any mistakes!

regards
          Frank

Comment

Hi Frank,

could you please try ctrl + mouse scrolling for at least one minute or so

Stefan

Comment

I've tried ctrl + mouse scrolling for at least one minute → and no problem here.

regards
              Frank

Comment

Hi,

when i try the zoom function with bigger images it works well, but have you tried this with the described short images ?

At default view-option i use: fit window to image (1:1) (Shift+O)

I have iv updated from version 4.30, perhaps a clean installation would help ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Samuel_16.png
Views:	1
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	80649

Click image for larger version

Name:	Grosberg_24.png
Views:	1
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	80650

best wishes to christmas

EisWaffel
                Last edited by EisWaffel; 24.12.2011, 11:51 AM.

Comment

I still cannot reproduce your problem, even with your small images and using Fit image to window.
                  To use Fit image to window, not maximized, and start zooming in and out is pretty crazy IMO, since the window itself is zooming in and out too. Inevitably the mouse position slips outside the window area and then you start zooming your desktop instead. I have now got to put all my icons back where they were.

Has anyone else seen the effect I described though zooming in and out quickly using Ctrl+mousewheel in Full screen? Changing back to Windowed mode is just annoying in normal Full screen mode but it happens in Slideshow too where it causes the show to terminate.

Comment

Hi,

meanwhile i have made a clean new install of irfanview, but the problem occurs again

i have append a new screen shot with error message and the main window.

In the first error message (see the first post in this thread) it was a zero pointer violation in the second the pointer
                    is too big (or 0 - 1).

Ciao,

EisWaffel

PS: Have you any idea what i could do to give you more information to reproduce this error on other platforms ?
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by EisWaffel; 25.12.2011, 07:15 PM.

Comment

I did my checks using the English language version of Irfanview. Since you are clearly using a German language version, you could post again on the German forum in case there are any differences between the program versions, although both Stefan and Frank may well have been checking the German version already.

Comment

Working...
                      X