A few hints for using FaceDetection plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few hints for using FaceDetection plugin

The face detection plugin want to show its ability to filter portraits from photo galleries, also with a face recognition feature.
    The plugin uses "user/AppData/Roaming/IrfanView" as a temp file folder. So if you want to reset the application, remove this folder. By the way, "user/AppData"folder is hidden by default. (Choose "Folder Options", in "View" tab, check "Show hidden files, folders, and drives")
    The plugin will also save your training face images in this temp file folder. I'm afraid if you give too much training to the software, the start up will slow down to read so many data.
    Last edited by jimmYao; 06.06.2012, 07:44 AM.

How do you tag a photo with the name of the recognized face?

Well, I just took this sophisticated plug-in for a spin. Congratulations and gratitude to the developers. It recognizes faces. I have been able to find only some basic instructions for it (in the "about" button of the dialog box). With portraits you choose to "save" FD/R puts a link (short cut) to the photo in the directory you specify. I'd like to know how I can tag photos; that is, append the name of the person in the IPTC information (e.g., in the "keywords" or the "caption"). Keep up the good work. Oh, there's a presentation on the development of one of these two plug-ins (maybe it's the advanced version) on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aco8JCDtrbg
    Geoffrey in Thailand

Comment

Where can you download this plugin?

Comment

Nevermind I found it on this website after going to the end of the video for reference. There used to be just one set of filters to download from the Irfanview site so I am glad to see more filters are available on Irfanviews site.

Comment

Working...
        X