Porting to Linux or MacOS X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple

Is there an Apple version, and if not will there be one?

Comment

Apple

How about making IrfanView supported an Mac os?

Comment

EEE PC and Irfan and Linux: A turning point?

I think this may be the little PC that could. It is an an amazing bit of kit and, in a way, has done for hardware what Irfan does to bloated imageware. So I'll be taking the plunge to Linux, Irfan or not. In other words, for me, the convenience of of the hardware has just nudged ahead of the convenience of Irfan. Pity.

Now my real wish list is a portable version of Irfan rather like that neat portable version of Firefox that lives in my USB Flashcard. Perfect.

Just as a matter of technical interest, just how hard is it to recompile the standard non plugin Irfan? And with plugins?

BP

Comment

IrfanView, the single main executable, is already a portable app. Just copy the "i_view32.exe" to wherever you want. It will run fine. It will have limited ability in what types of image formats that it can open, but the most common image types are covered. That is where the plug-ins come in.

If you want a portable version to install, using all the various plug-ins, just go to http://www.portablefreeware.com/?q=irfanview
          I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
          Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Comment

Portable for a win environment but not, as I understand it, to a Linux one. Is that correct?

EEE links. No hard drive, all mem, SD slot +3USB. Tight useful software, reads writes MS format, otherwise totally MSfree.
            $399US

greetings from a singapore eee user./a growing community of 2000+ eee users..apologies for avg quality video( my 1st time)-summary-(1) 2gb ram installed (2) ...

Column “Dork Talk” published on Saturday February 2nd 2008 in The Guardian “Deliver us from Microsoft” – The Guardian headline Stephen Fry introduces the open source platform that will see off Windows. In recent weeks I have banged on about Open Source, expending two articles on Firefox alone. Open Source applications make their code available […]

and truly light.
            Last edited by BluePatch; 07.02.2008, 11:58 AM.

Comment

I want to use irfan view on linux

Hello Im use linux and run irfan view with wine I want to install irfan view on linux I can't find linux package Thanks

Comment

Please search before posting and read the sticky thread: Before you post ...
                Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by joltdude View Post
                  :

The closest thing iv recalled to Irfanview in Xwindows
                  Probably forgotten GQview
                  Or even better Gwenview

Comment

Originally posted by ririkourou94 View Post
                    do you plan to provide the source code so that someone can do that work....
                    I think that would be a bit complicated. I think too much linked to windows routines.
                    To bee portable it should have different widgets and its own file reader.
                    Cpp, perl and python can work it out well.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSaint View Post
                      I think that would be a bit complicated. I think too much linked to windows routines.
                      To bee portable it should have different widgets and its own file reader.
                      Cpp, perl and python can work it out well.
                      Gawd, not another python app!! I think Irfanview works so well is because it's written in C or c++. Porting it to Linux would be a BIG job considering Linux is used by relatively few people. I am a nix user, but I realize I and other nix users are in the minority. It's too bad but it's among the costs we pay for using an advanced and secure system.

jmho

Comment

Quite a realistic view, I must say.

Although I'm not impressed by the 'minority' argument.
                        IV users are a minority also, compared to the users who do everything with a bulky Shop program.

I would love to see IV as a cross-platform app, also for nix users.
                        But I guess then it first has to be transferred to an open-source project.
                        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Irfanview for the MAC?

Does anyone know of a program like Irfanview for the Mac computers?

Thank you for your leads.

Comment

IrfanView for Mac Os X?

I switched to Mac Os X 6 months ago and was very happy to discover that my favourite programs existed also for Mac : Open Office (of course), Audacity (sound), Kompozer (webpages).

But Irfanview? No.
                            Can't really understand that such a powerful program and so easy to use doesn't exist for Mac (of for Linux = next step)

Christine (Belgium)
                            Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 11.10.2020, 06:35 PM. Reason: Fixed typos

Comment

JustLooking 3.2 (Mac Image Viewer) now available for Download
                              By marcwan

I’m pleased to announce the immediate availablity of JustLooking 3.2. JustLooking is a program to view pictures and images on your Mac OS X (Tiger or Leopard) based computer. JustLooking is a Universal Binary, and can be run on both PowerPC and Intel Macs. The program is and will always be very free.

JustLooking 3.2 contains a number of critical bug fixes and minor improvements on the 3.1 release.

* The Leopard CoreImage memory leak has been avoided
                              * Image blurring in regular view is fixed
                              * Image rotation and resizing saving is now fixed
                              * Finnish and German language translations are back (yay!)
                              * The Korean “File” menu is no longer translated as “Delete File”
                              * AppleRemote support is back in Leopard

Comment

IrfanView in Wine really does not work at all well so porting to Linux is something that has been discussed amongst various linux programmers and they are prepared to make an attempt if the source code is available. Would IrfanView make it's source-code available?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X