Porting to Linux or MacOS X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rejected Porting to Linux or MacOS X

Are there any plans for a Linux version of Irfanview. It's by far the program I miss most since switching to Ubuntu. It will not run under WINE for me
    Sites4Biz | Grimaldi - UK Heavy Metal | The Hell Hole

This is what it says on the Irfan View website:
    Q: Can I use IrfanView on Linux?
    A: Yes. There is no native-Linux version of IrfanView. However, you can use IrfanView in conjunction with Linux programs like WINE, Windows Linux emulators and Linux-based virtual machines.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Irfanview for Linux

Though I will certainly promote a Linux Version of Irfanview for Linux. You can try to run automatix for your Ubuntu. It holds the newest version of Wine, and that one does execute my latest executables. Even games.

Comment

Linux and using it in wine (BLAH rather just use XV)

Originally posted by Domus_ulixes View Post
        Though I will certainly promote a Linux Version of Irfanview for Linux. You can try to run automatix for your Ubuntu. It holds the newest version of Wine, and that one does execute my latest executables. Even games.
        PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont enourage using Automatix... It really can futz with your install... and causes problems esp if upgrading a distro.. (major version upgrade)... your better off getting the repositories yourself

The closest thing iv recalled to Irfanview in Xwindows is XV but its not in most repositories... Using Irfanview in Wine is taking a big performance hit for little gain .... Now Id love to see a native version... but using wine when you dont have to just as a viewer is kinda counterproductive...

Comment

IrfanView on Linux

(please, excuse my poor -frenchy- english )
          I used IrfanViex for 6/7 years and found no equivalent with similar easy and efficient use..... I finally made a modest personnal support last year.
          I'm convinced of going to Linux and preparing to, for the last2/3 years.... Vista won't enter my computer word !!
          I'm happy to know I can use IrfanViex with Linux via "Wine", but I proposed to make special donation to get a "direct-way" IrfanView-under-Linux-system and I would like to know if there others users thinking the same way.....
          XnView is (very) less effective (or powerful?) for the simple actions of treatment of a file of numeric pictures to transform the original pictures to an internet-using-file by "sharpen- resize- enhance colors- save as"......
          thanks for advices and supporting this idea.....
          Denis.

Comment

Recommending wxwidgets

I recommend to check the wxwidgets library as a very good aternative to use to develop a Linux (and also easily a Mac) version of Irfanview. Even if there are no plans, you can check it out. http://www.wxwidgets.org

Maybe someone could start his opensource Xirfanview.

Comment

IrfanView for Linux?

Hi, I'm sure this will have been asked before, but will IV ever be made available for Linux? I use IV every day and it's the only image software I use. I have delayed migrating my systems to Linux primarily because this program isn't available for Linux systems. Is it possible that one day there will be a Linux version of IV?

Tommy.

Comment

Under Linux you can use Gimp for editing and imagemagick for batch conversion.

Comment

The GIMP is a heavyweight, head-to-head alternative to the likes of 'Photoshop'. I think IV is at its best as it started - as a viewer with simple editing features. Using it in LINUX under WINE totally defeats the point. Opening becomes ssllooww and the wonderful ability to open a group of marked files and then close picture windows with 'esc.' is lost. All the things that make IV my favourite viewer!
                  What is needed is a native LINUX version - Ooscarr's suggestion sounds good. Wish I could program!

Comment

Irfanview (all time favorite graphics viewer/editor on windows)
                    download and install irfanview
                    sudo gedit /usr/share/applications/irfanview.desktop
                    [Desktop Entry]
                    Name=Irfanview
                    Exec=wine .wine/fake_windows/Program\ Files/IrfanView/i_view32.exe
                    Icon=gnome-mime-image-jpeg.png
                    Type=Application
                    Categories=Application;Graphics

Limitations of using Irfanview in wine that I'm aware of is:
                    - screencapture must use automatic timer mode
                    - open/save dialogs can't be resized
                    Other than that it works beautifully.
                    UPSers account of United Parcel Service is a Delivery Services & Package Handler used by an Ups Employee having User Id and Password in United States. UPSers portal in Supply […]

Also:

HOLYBET777: No #1 Gambling Sites For Fun & For Your Daily Jackpot. Daftar login sekarang juga untuk dapatkan jackpot melalui link alternatif holybet777.
                    Firefox 3.5.x & Thunderbird 2.0.0.x - Ubuntu 9.04 & 9.10 & Windows XP-SP3
                    (1) 2.8 GHz/2Gb/ATI HD2600-512 RAM, SIS AC97 OB Audio (2) 2.9GHz /2Gb/NVIDIA GeForce 7300LE-256 RAM, Intel 82801 OB Audio

...Yes, he also uses IrfanView in Ubuntu linux!

Comment

Delayed moving to linux over IV??? Say what?

Dual boot is enabled by default with Ubuntu. Works every time!

FWIW Only use Window$ for IV, too! - I have a WINE emulator, but I prefer native use with valuable digital camera files!

MRK
                      Firefox 3.5.x & Thunderbird 2.0.0.x - Ubuntu 9.04 & 9.10 & Windows XP-SP3
                      (1) 2.8 GHz/2Gb/ATI HD2600-512 RAM, SIS AC97 OB Audio (2) 2.9GHz /2Gb/NVIDIA GeForce 7300LE-256 RAM, Intel 82801 OB Audio

...Yes, he also uses IrfanView in Ubuntu linux!

Comment

Porting to Linux or MacOS X

do you plan to port Irfanview to GNU/Linux or Mac OS-X Tiger/leopard ? If not, do you plan to provide the source code so that someone can do that work (and , then, sent you back the "new" software under GPL 2 licence ) ? I did not find a such good image processing tool that I need for my specific usage, available for Linux or Mac. "Unfortunately", my laptop is running either Mac OS X tiger, GNU/Linux BLAG 60001, GNU/Linux Debian lenny. Many thanks in anticipation.

Comment

For what's worth, I'd also like to see a native version of IrfanView for Linux.

Comment

WINE is too slow

The problem with WINE or CrossoverLinux is, that it is too slow to open applications. It takes much more longer to open the application itself with WINE in Linux than with Windows. For me (working with WINE/Crossover) it is too slow to use it as a efficient and fast image viewer/tool as I know it from Windows (and it really is).

So I also would really appreciate a Linux version of IrfanView.

Comment

linux (ubuntu or debian version)

Hello, 1th congratulation i used irfan-view long time ago and i love it
                              but, somemonth ago i change to linux OS and i can`t to used there ... is sad
                              i try with some win emulator but i can`t take the best use
                              so i will like that you can create a verion for linux
                              thnk and take care

Comment

Working...
                              X