Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black background around all printed images! ERRRR~!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black background around all printed images! ERRRR~!!!

Hello,

I need help and I am not finding my answer in the forums. I had a JPG image that I wanted a transparent background. I did not know that irfanview did this as I only use irfanview to reduce and enlarge things. So I used GIMP2 to set transparent background and I saved it as a PNG. I opened the image in irfanview and printed it but it had a BLACK background. I verified that my image background was transparent by opening and printing it in PAINT and it was. So does irfanview NOT recognize my image as transparent and I have to do it over in irfanview? Everytime I print any image in irfanview it gives me a black background which I don't want. I am going to be printing my image on white paper but don't want a white background because I do not need the printer to print white on white paper.

Thank you so much!

IrfanView doesn't support transparency properly. The background of transparent images is shown in the Main Window Colour set in Options, Viewing. The default is black — which doesn't work well for black images — but it can be changed to any colour including white.

Very few printers actually have white ink, so if the background is white it won't be printed. If you do have one of those rare white ink printers, then don't use IrfanView for printing.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X