Irfanview and PDF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irfanview and PDF

I stumbled upon a strange problem while trying to view several PDF's. Old ones (a few months) can be viewed with Irfanview. New downloads from one particular site (my mobile phone company invoice documents) cannot. I can view the PDF's with Foxit Reader, so no problem there. But with Irfanview I get the message "Can't load Ghostscript or ghostscript error." Reinstalling Irfanview did not solve the problem. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit, so previous threads with remarks about 64bit do not apply.

I have also installed Ghostscript from Sourceforge, no result either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ali Ihsan Ulusal

Please tell us also which version of IrfanView and Ghostscript you are using!
    (Old version or new version? Is your Ghostscript a 32 or 64 bit version? ...)

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
      Please tell us also which version of IrfanView and Ghostscript you are using!
      (Old version or new version? Is your Ghostscript a 32 or 64 bit version? ...)
      Frank - I registered to the Irfanview forum today trying to fix this issue on my computer. I read your responses on this on other threads, but I still can't past it. Since this is the most recent thread, I wanted to respond. I wanted to reduce the size of a PDF and found I could do this through the Irfanview plugins and Ghostscript. I've had Irfanview for years, but just for simple graphic needs. Today I installed the plugnins and Ghostscript. Didn't work so I then unistalled Irfanview, then reinstalled it and the plugins. I have Vista 64 with Ifvanview 4.32 and GPL Ghostscript 9.05 (2/8/12 gs905w64.exe). What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

use the 32 bit version of GhostScript...
        Look here...

Regards
        Nils

Comment

Thank Nils! That did it. I've been checking for a response of my post several times a day since I posted my question. Much appreciated.

Comment

Ok... I tried to Image>resize/resample to reduce the size of the file. When I Save As a PDF, I'm getting a PDF save error message. Do I have to save it as a graphics file (requiring to save each page separately)?
            Last edited by Grinder; 29.03.2012, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
              I've been checking for a response of my post several times a day since I posted my question.
              You don't actually need to do that — you can subscribe to the thread from the "Thread Tools" link at the top of it, and edit your User control panel settings to send you an email when someone responds to a subscribed thread.
              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
              X