Animated Gif

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rejected Animated Gif

Request: making animated gif's, now I use Easy Gif Animator, it is OK, but I prefer to do all photo related things in one program.

A bitmap viewer is the wrong program to use for creating animations. I guess it wouldn't be too hard to add an option to resize or recolour each frame and save it as a new animated GIF, but its never going to provide the degree of control that a dedicated animation program has.

Dream on!
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 29.12.2019, 06:10 PM. Reason: Fixed typos
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Editing and Saving Animated GIF files

Hi. My request is to add support for editing, converting and saving animated GIF files. It would be useful to edit directly in IrfanView without having to convert to individual jpeg frames then 'recompile' edited frames back in to gif format etc. I would think many other users would enjoy these features too. Conversion or "Save As" options for animated gif files could include from / to: MP4, MKV, TIFF, WEBP.
      Thanks.

Comment

In my opinion, this is unrealistic for a bitmap editor like IrfanView.

To create animations one should start with vectors, and one needs all kinds of options like onion-skinning.

Please read the sticky thread on Feature Requests.
        Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 29.12.2019, 06:22 PM.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Batching animated GIFs to WEBP doesn't prserve animation

Hello there

I was batching animated GIFs to WEBP using Irfanview but it doesn't preserve the animation. Instead what I've got was a still image. Can it be fixed?
          Also it would be nice just to File>Save as animated GIF to other animated format available.

Comment

IrfanView does not support export of animations — neither WebP, GIF, nor APNG.

Animation programs need a whole raft of features that are not relevant to an image viewer.

Comment

Working...
            X