How do I view RAW files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I view RAW files?

In 2010 I could have sworn I used an older version of IrfanView to open/view/convert a RAW file, so I could see the image. I just tried to open/view/convert a RAW file with IrfanView 4.32 and it won't let me see the image.

Why can't I open/view/convert the image using Irfanview? I do have the plugins installed. I suppose I could have used Photoshop back in 2010 to view that RAW image. I don't remember, but it seems like I used IrfanView.

If IrfanView isn't capable of letting me view a RAW image, can someone recommend a free program that will? I just have one RAW file that I want to see.

Which kind of RAW files do you mean?
    CRW/CR2*, DNG, EEF, NEF, MRW, ORF, RAF, DCR, SRF/ARW, PEF, X3F, RW2, NRW*, RAW, YUV*, ... ? (Please consider: * = PlugIn required, see the plugins page.)

OK, ... you say: The necessary plugins are installed!
    But if you're using Canon RAW format: Do you have also installed the required additional Canon DLL's?

see:

regards
    Frank

Comment

I have all the plugins installed including the Canon plugins.

I don't know which type of RAW file it is. It just has a .RAW extension. I've looked at the image in the past, I just can't seem to view it now using a different computer. Maybe I didn't use IrfanView to view it before, I can't remember.

Comment

Can you upload such RAW file (compressed as zip archive) to the forum?
        Then we can see ...

Comment

Working...
        X