Batch extract TIFFs from multipage TIFs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch extract TIFFs from multipage TIFs

I have about a thousand multipage tiffs I'd like to split into single image tiffs and I'm looking for an automated way to do it. Ideally I'd like the extracted files to land in folders derived from the original filenames. But i'm interested in any way to extract single image tiffs from multipage tiffs as a batch. Ideas?

If you can write a batch file it would be easy enough to do it with an Irfanview command line using the /extract option that ran in a For loop.
    The example given in the help file for a typical command line is

i_view32.exe c:\multipage.tif /extract=(c:\temp,jpg)

:: This will open 'c:\multipage.tif' and save all pages to folder 'c:\temp' as single JPGs

Sorry that I am too busy at present to offer to write it for you. Someone else might give you some help though, if you need it.

Comment

That's the direction I was leaning but I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to command line / batch file stuff. I'll try bribing someone with beer to help me out. At least I know I'm on the right track. Thanks!

Comment

Re: Batch Extract multipage TIFFs

Originally posted by Mikec. View Post
        That's the direction I was leaning but I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to command line / batch file stuff. I'll try bribing someone with beer to help me out. At least I know I'm on the right track. Thanks!

Something along these lines should do what you want... just make sure that the files you want to extract are in their own folders with the same names as the files. Run this as a .bat from the directory containing these folders:

FOR /D %%T in (%CD%\*) DO START "i-view32.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\I_View32.exe" %%~fT\%%~nT.TIF /extract=(%%~fT,tif) /one /killmesoftly & ECHO processing %%T ...

Inebriating bribes happily accepted
        -s
        Last edited by hnomad; 06.03.2012, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X