Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple images tiff's - fuzzy thing

Hi.

Just happends to wonder about this stuid question. Whan are we using multipages tiff's.

I mean, I never use it. I always store my pictures as individal files. The only exception is when I create panorama or hdr-photos. In such cases I archives the source images by compress them with 7z as a single file.

I also have bought me a Canon canoscan 9000 with Silverfast software bundled. It produce a single tiff file.

I've seen that there is a certain interrest of multipages tiffs on this forum. Why chose multipages tiff's instead of single images?

I do know one disadvantage with multipage tiff's. When browsing for pictures in a folder, only the first image (of many) will show up in thumbnail view.
    If it hurts not to drint, don't waste the bottle then.

You can only see the first page in a slideshow too, but then you cannot see any pages in your zip file until you unzip it, can you?

Comment

I think they're mostly used for document imaging. Often if someone scans a multiple page document, they will use multpage tiff as the master before converting to pdf or some other format for web delivery or other use. There are certain advantages to having the whole document in a single file, especially when you are working on larger scanning jobs. In my experience it's not used as much now as it was a few years ago, but there's tons of existing multipage tiff files out there sitting on hard drives or wherever. They aren't for slideshows.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
        You can only see the first page in a slideshow too, but then you cannot see any pages in your zip file until you unzip it, can you?
        I zip files when they're not supposed to appear as thumbnails. It doesn't bug me and I don't care about it either.
        If it hurts not to drint, don't waste the bottle then.

Comment

Working...
        X