Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to quickly apply batch conv/ren setings for single currently viewed file.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved How to quickly apply batch conv/ren setings for single currently viewed file.

Hi, can you help me with this ?
    I want to prepare pictures for blog. In batch (B key) i use these options:
    - output directory
    - picture size (in pixels, wide side)
    - save aspect ratio
    - add text overlay (time&date taken)
    - preserve time&date while saving

Now, when viewing files with irfan i have to memorize/write down file names which i want to convert.

Is it possible to make these conversions on a current viewed file with single key or anything faster than:
    press "B", find input folder, add file(s), press start?

i'm always using the same settings (now in 4.32 they can be saved - even better i'v been using 4.30 until today without this option)

thanks.

Use the Thumbnail view, and Start batch with selected thumbs.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Use the Thumbnail view, and Start batch with selected thumbs.
      As you view file images in Irfanview you can also press X to tag any file that you want to convert. When you have finished viewing press Shift+Q which opens the Thumbnail viewer to display thumbnails of the tagged images. Ctrl+A to select them all, B to start the Batch dialog and you are ready to start converting immediately.

Alternatively, I have before now set up a shortcut link, to a batch file (custom.cmd), as one of the external editors. I can then temporarily rename any batch file as custom.cmd and it is ready to be called direct from Irfanview whenever I want. The name of the current file is passed, via the shortcut, as the first variable (%1) of the batch file. In your case, if you still want to pursue your idea of an instant batch operation, that batch file could be used to call another copy of Irfanview with the AdvancedBatch option to just process a single file.

Comment

Solved

Thank you both guys

Mij, I've created a "iv.bat" with just one line:
        Code:
        C:\Progra~1\IrfanView\i_view32.exe %1 /advancedbatch /convert=F:\my_path\$F
        and now "Shift+1" does exacty what i wanted!

The only problem was that "%1" variable didn't copy polish special letters (like ę ś ć ż) so i had to de-polish ;-) folder names
        Last edited by ichipek; 05.03.2012, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Hi,

try this:
          Code:
          C:\Progra~1\IrfanView\i_view32.exe "%1" /advancedbatch /convert="F:\my_path\$F"
          Also it is a good idea to save your advanced settings into a seperate directory, i.e.
          C:\Progra~1\IrfanView\batch1

And then use
          Code:
          C:\Progra~1\IrfanView\i_view32.exe "%1" /advancedbatch /convert="F:\my_path\$F" /ini=C:\Progra~1\IrfanView\batch1
          And instead of
          Code:
          C:\Progra~1\IrfanView\i_view32.exe
          you could also use the complete path between double quotes
          Code:
          "C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view32.exe"
          Also there is an option you can try:
          Options / Language / Load Unicode plugin at program start

Regards
          Nils

Comment

btw guys,

has anyone ever tried using an "environment" variable like %irfanview% for the "long" pathname?

Stefan

Comment

@Stefan: there is no environment variable for IrfanView / i_view32.exe.
              So using this needs setting it as a prerequisite...

But if you set a variable, you can use it. Since IrfanView does not register itself in the system a detection of the executable is not really possible. So I try the default path in my scripts (see the batch file skeleton).

Regards
              Nils

Comment

next thing

ok my batch works fine but...
                for inprinting time/date i used
                Code:
                [BatchText]
                AddText=$T(%Y-%m-%d %H:%M)|
                TextCoord=20;20;1020;120;
                Corner=3
                It copies modified/created time so when the picture was edited it printed incorrect data. I used other program to change it back.

Well, I thought it should be easier.
                I tried importing exif tags ($E306 or $E36867 or $36868) to solve the problem but even though exif shows (image attached) let's say 14:02 the print adds extra hour (15:02).
                Does it recognize time zone somehow? How to swith it off?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by ichipek; 27.06.2012, 08:44 PM.

Comment

$E306, $E36867 and $E36868 are all displayed exactly as in the EXIF data for me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	004.png
Views:	1
Size:	343.2 KB
ID:	80788

Comment

Working...
                  X