Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I Slideshow Dual Monitors Portrait and Landscape one image at a time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I Slideshow Dual Monitors Portrait and Landscape one image at a time?

Hey guys

This is what I want to know –

Can IrfanView currently (or be modified) to play images in a slideshow against TWO monitors on the same computer where one of the monitors is in PORTRAIT mode and the other monitor is in LANDSCAPE mode and the software ONLY plays an image in one monitor at a time based on the overall image orientation?

So PORTRAIT images only go to the portrait monitor and LANDSCAPE images only go to the landscape monitor. The other monitor is blacked out.

I would like to present images as art in a slideshow on two large 50” plasma TV’s mounted on a wall.

Both monitors (TV's) connected to same Windows PC. One in landscape other portrait orientation.

Images resize to screen with black backgrounds or edge full (like slideshows already do).

Can the application already do this?
    Can anyone help me make it do it?
    Do we have access to and can we edit source code?

Ta
    S

I can think of no way to do that in Irfanview. Try the slideshow program in Wildbit viewer. Select the Rotate settings tab, click Enable and I think you will find what you want.

Comment

Hey Mij

Thanks so much for the excellent recommendation. That looks almost ideal. One of the Wildbit guys is going to help modify it so it blacks out other monitor (instead of show desktop) and increase image size to sullscreen in Slideshow.

I owe you a beer.

Cheers
      S

Comment

Originally posted by zenorb View Post
        Hey Mij

Thanks so much for the excellent recommendation. That looks almost ideal. One of the Wildbit guys is going to help modify it so it blacks out other monitor (instead of show desktop) and increase image size to sullscreen in Slideshow.

I owe you a beer.

Cheers
        S
        Is there a way to do this on one monitor?

I would like to have a slideshow, but not on dual monitors.

I would contact the other software maker, but their support board is going down,
        and will be replaced by a blog.

thanks.

later

Comment

I cannot understand what you want to do. The OP had two monitors, one mounted normally to show landscape images, the other "on its side" to show portrait ones. The question was about automatically routing the images to the right monitor.
          The query makes no sense with only one monitor.

Comment

well, mr. irfan has solved my problem.

Click image for larger version

Name:	slide01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	81122

Name:	slide02.jpg
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	81123

Name:	slide03.jpg
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	81124

there is a custom version which does what i was looking for.

so, no more issues with this one.

later

Comment

Working...
            X