Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed ".jxr" extension not recognised in HDP plug-in

Here's a simple one..

The ".jxr" file extension not recognised in HD Photo plug-in.

Note that this is important as .jxr is the only extension mentioned in the Jpeg-XR ISO/ITU international standard. Windows 8 Consumer Preview also natively supports this file extension.

Yes. This is a simple one. Since the *.jxr file extension is not supported, this is not a bug.

From i_options.txt
    * 23. HDP.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to read HDP/WDP files (Microsoft HD Photo).
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I don't understand this reply. HDP/WDP and Jpeg-XR are the same format. The format was renamed to Jpeg-XR by the Jpeg group when it was submitted for international standardisation.

Perhaps this is more a feature request than a bug, though I simply find it strange that the extensions ".hdp"/".wdp" would be supported when the extension recommended by microsoft, the jpeg group and the ISO/ITU,".jxr", is not. Would it be more appropriate to submit this as a feature request then?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JPEG_XR

Comment

I think you need to contact the plugin author and ask them to update the plugin.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I understand that Irfan wrote the plug-in himself. Should I contact him directly rather than posting on these forums?

Comment

Yes. He doesn't monitor these user2user forums.

Comment

see the new version 4.33:

Comment

Working...
              X