Horizontal/Vertical Fullscreen Centering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Horizontal/Vertical Fullscreen Centering

Before 4.33, opening an image in fullscreen would center it horizontally, but start at the top of the image. Now it also centers vertically as well, and I can't find any option that lets you choose just one of them.
    Could you separate the "Center image on screen" option into vertical and horizontal options?

Support it!
    And I think this is a bug. I had to uninstall v4.35 and back to v4.32 because of this feature.
    On version 4.32:
    If the image only height is bigger than the screen, it would center it horizontally and start at the top of the image.
    If the image only width is bigger than the screen, it would center it vertically and start at the left of the image.
    If the image both height and width are bigger than the screen, it wouldn't center it and start at the top-left of the image.
    If the image both height and width are smaller than the screen, it center it.

But on version 4.35 it always center the image and start at the middle-middle of the image.
    I hope IrfanView keep the v4.32's feature.
    Last edited by zpfbj0; 22.11.2012, 07:26 PM.

Comment

4.32 who knows why forgotten feature is useful for reading comics/manga.

Another thing:
      I requested this long ago, is it possible to implement a "session saver" when you open multiple images and close all together? Could come in handy when I reboot/shutdown the PC and I have that images in differente folders(windows has the jump list but a session saver would be more agile).
      Last edited by Ryoma-Echizen; 27.11.2012, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zpfbj0 View Post
        On version 4.32:
        If the image only height is bigger than the screen, it would center it horizontally and start at the top of the image.
        If the image only width is bigger than the screen, it would center it vertically and start at the left of the image.
        If the image both height and width are bigger than the screen, it wouldn't center it and start at the top-left of the image.
        If the image both height and width are smaller than the screen, it center it.
        That appears to be what v4.35 does. I am using the "Do not fit anything" Display option. What are you using?

Comment

Try to read a comic/manga using "fit image to screen width + center image on screen" it center the image at the mid and doesn't start from the top with previous irfanview did.

I use a 4:3 monitor.

Comment

OK. I had not noticed that the OP was talking about Fullscreen mode. I was using Windowed mode and misunderstanding what you were referring to.

The change was to correct a bug. In the Fullscreen options of v4.35 it now does exactly what it says and fully centers the image on the screen, instead of only doing so in one direction.

However I still do not see your problem in reading your comic. If the image is bigger than the screen, why not turn off centering by pressing C? Or do the pages of these comics not start at Top Left?
            Last edited by Mij; 27.12.2012, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Simple, you encounter a cover which has longer width to height ratio. Previous irfanview would automatically center it on full screen with black borders top/left and for regular pages it would only fit to width and start from top.

Now:
              If you don't use the center function the window(full screen) will start from top, in the case of the cover cause it's not centered I'll end up with all the black space at bottom(doesn't look good) but regular pages display fine(fit to width, start from top.

If I enable the center function, covers will be displayed with black borders top&bottom(the correct way) but regular pages won't start from top(problem).

It was not a bug, for us comic/manga readers it was perfect. Rather than fix, it created a new problem which didn't exist before.

Example (fit to width+center)

Before

Cover
              ///// (black border)
              **** (image)
              **** (image)
              //// (black border)

Regular Page
              1*** (1st lane)
              2***

Now
              ///// (black border)
              **** (image)
              **** (image)
              //// (black border)

Regular Page
              ----
              1*** (mid)
              2***
              ---

or (center disabled)
              **** (image)
              **** (image)
              //// (black border)
              //// (black border)
              //// (black border)
              //// (black border)

Regular Page
              1*** (1st lane)
              2***
              etc
              Last edited by Ryoma-Echizen; 27.12.2012, 07:22 PM.

Comment

OK. I see where you are coming from now, Ryoma-Echizen.
                However the request by the original poster was to have two separate manually set options, one for Vertical centering and one for Horizontal.
                Both you and the second poster seem to be asking for something different - to go back to what you had in v4.32 which is a kind of intelligent centering that did different things according to the "fitting" option that had been applied to the image.
                You would have a much better chance of persuading Irfan to make the change if you could all agree on the same request.

Comment

Working...
                X