Thread: Paint Plugin doesn't work!

IV Newbie
    Version
    IrfanView 4.32
    OS
    32-bit Win 7 Home Premium SP1
    CPU Cores

Quote Originally Posted by Mij View Post
    It still bothers me that you have so little in your INI file. If you have used Capture I would expect to see some settings for that in there.
    Try opening Search from the File menu and search for i_view32.ini on your hard drive C:\
    You should find the 2 copies we know about but look if there is another, possibly in a folder whose name includes \VirtualStore
    I did it. Hard drive has 2 copy: c:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view32.ini and c:\Users\КВ\AppData\Roaming\IrfanView\i_view32.ini

IV Amateur
    Version
    IrfanView 4.23
    OS
    Win XP Pro SP2
    CPU Cores

Default Paint Won't Start

I am having a similar problem. When I click on "Show Paint dialog" in the edit menu, I get the warning:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paint.dll Warning.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	3538

I've reinstalled 4.35 IrfanView and Plugins. I am running Windows 7 Pro. When I look in the plugins folder, I don't see the paint.dll.

Suggestions?

Don

Version
    IrfanView 4.38
    OS
    32-bit Win 7 Professional SP1
    CPU Cores

Paint.dll is not in the Plugins package. It should be installed with the main program. Where did you download it from?

If you are missing some of the plugins that should come with the main program I suggest that you download the ZIP version.
    Go to www.Irfanview.com and click on Download in the list on the left of the dialog. This will then show a lot of download sites for Irfanview, but most have only the EXE installer version. Scroll down to the bottom and click on "Other Download sites" then scroll right to the bottom of that list. You will see that GDS offer both the German and English ZIP versions. Choose which one you want, open the downloaded zip and copy the Paint.dll file into your plugins folder.

Thread Information