Paint Plugin doesn't work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint Plugin doesn't work!

Help anybody who knows why Paint plugin (IrfanView 4.32 + all plugins installed) does not work in Windows 7 (Home Extended). File Paint.dll is in place.

Hi,

what is exactly the problem? Do you get an error, will the Paint window not be opened?

On my Win 7 x64 it worked using 4.32. And it is still working on 4.33.

Regards
    Nils

Comment

Originally posted by derniwi View Post
      Hi,

what is exactly the problem? Do you get an error, will the Paint window not be opened?

On my Win 7 x64 it worked using 4.32. And it is still working on 4.33.

Regards
      Nils
      Yes, when I call paint dialog (F12) an error message "Program IrfanView does not work and will be closed" is appeared. Hit OK for exit. That's very strange! Installed IrfanView several times. May be it is some feature with Win 7? I have Win 7 x32. With Win XP that I had previously all went normally.

Comment

I have Win7 32bit too and Paint plugin v0.4.13.70 works fine with Irfanview v4.33 as it did with v4.32. I would try deleting the [Paint] section of your i_view32.ini file and let it be rebuilt by the program when you next run it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
          I have Win7 32bit too and Paint plugin v0.4.13.70 works fine with Irfanview v4.33 as it did with v4.32. I would try deleting the [Paint] section of your i_view32.ini file and let it be rebuilt by the program when you next run it.
          Mij,
          I have no [Paint] section in my i_view32.ini file! All that file has:
          [Others]
          INI_Folder=%APPDATA%\IrfanView
          That's all!

Comment

That will be the i_view32.ini file in the Program files folder where the Irfanview program is located. In Windows 7 Irfanview cannot write changes to the program folder, so all settings are redirected to your Appdata folder. That is what the single "INI_folder= %APPDATA%\Irfanview" line is doing.

If you do not know where your Appdata folder is, type %appdata% into the search box at the bottom of the Start menu and press the Enter key. Find and Open the Irfanview folder in the Explorer dialog and you should see the i_view32.exe file that you need. That is the one with all the settings in it.

Comment

Thank you for advice, Mij, but the ini file in my appdata folder does also not contain [Paint] section! It has:
              [Language]
              DLL=ENGLISH
              Lang=English
              [Toolbar]
              Skin=Grosberg_24.png
              Size=24
              [MRUD]
              Dir2=C:\Users\КВ\Documents\
              Dir3=
              Dir4=
              Dir5=
              Dir6=
              Dir7=
              Dir8=
              Dir9=
              Dir10=
              Dir11=
              Dir12=
              Dir13=
              Dir14=
              Dir15=
              Dir16=
              Dir17=
              Dir18=
              Dir19=
              Dir20=
              Dir1=F:\DCIM\100OLYMP\
              [Open]
              ViewMode=28747
              OpenIndex=1
              OpenDir=C:\Users\КВ\Documents\Фото\
              [WinPosition]
              xKoord=0
              yKoord=0
              Width=1396
              Height=1166
              Maximized=0
              [Thumbnails]
              MRUD1=F:\DCIM\100OLYMP\

Adding [Paint] section by hand had no effect.

Comment

There is not very much in that ini file. Do any of your plugins work?

Comment

There is not very much in that ini file. Do any of your plugins work?
                  Some works (capture, effects), some not (multimedia video/audio plugin)

Comment

It still bothers me that you have so little in your INI file. If you have used Capture I would expect to see some settings for that in there.
                    Try opening Search from the File menu and search for i_view32.ini on your hard drive C:\
                    You should find the 2 copies we know about but look if there is another, possibly in a folder whose name includes \VirtualStore

Comment

It still bothers me that you have so little in your INI file. If you have used Capture I would expect to see some settings for that in there.
                      Try opening Search from the File menu and search for i_view32.ini on your hard drive C:\
                      You should find the 2 copies we know about but look if there is another, possibly in a folder whose name includes \VirtualStore
                      I did it. Hard drive has 2 copy: c:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view32.ini and c:\Users\КВ\AppData\Roaming\IrfanView\i_view32.ini

Comment

Paint Won't Start

I am having a similar problem. When I click on "Show Paint dialog" in the edit menu, I get the warning:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Paint.dll Warning.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	80941

I've reinstalled 4.35 IrfanView and Plugins. I am running Windows 7 Pro. When I look in the plugins folder, I don't see the paint.dll.

Suggestions?

Don

Comment

Paint.dll is not in the Plugins package. It should be installed with the main program. Where did you download it from?

If you are missing some of the plugins that should come with the main program I suggest that you download the ZIP version.
                          Go to www.Irfanview.com and click on Download in the list on the left of the dialog. This will then show a lot of download sites for Irfanview, but most have only the EXE installer version. Scroll down to the bottom and click on "Other Download sites" then scroll right to the bottom of that list. You will see that GDS offer both the German and English ZIP versions. Choose which one you want, open the downloaded zip and copy the Paint.dll file into your plugins folder.

Comment

Working...
                          X