Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A series of images on A4 sheets set to Custom print size get printed not the same siz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A series of images on A4 sheets set to Custom print size get printed not the same siz

This has been a problem since I installed Irfanview some years ago.

Example of what I do:

Using MSPaint I import an image from my files and set the pixel size to 950x599 - and then copy to a folder.

After I have done this with, say, 25 images of 950x599 dimensions - and saved to a folder, I then import each one successively to Irfanview for printing.

I set the print size to Custom 28.5 x 19.4

The result is that some get printed to this size, and some get printed to a larger size.

If I check the size of the 'larger' sized image files with Irfanview's size indicator - they show as the correct size (950x599) - but print as larger.

This is no good when the images must match up with one another on the 25 A4 sheets to form a composit picture.

Is there a way to correct this problem?

Thank you for any help,

Herbert

Why are you using MS Paint to resize the images?

What is the dpi of the images -- is it consistent?

Have you tried other print size settings, like "Best fit to page (aspect ratio)?"

All I can come up with is questions lol
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Thanks for trying to help with this, but I think I've solved the problem simply by slightly reducing the width and height of the images to be printed.

Originally posted by matera View Post
      Why are you using MS Paint to resize the images?
      I don't.

I create images to fit within mspaint set at 950 x 599 pixels. I then 'copy to' this frame (950 x 599 pixels) to a folder.

Then I upload to irfanview and (now) print the image to a Custom setting of 28.1 x 17.72 (keeping the aspect ratio and the image centred).

Normally I haven't had a problem with one-off images to print - but I'm doing a family tree that's spread out over 25 A4 sheets... with all the family lines having to join each other at all four sides of each 'panel'.

What is the dpi of the images -- is it consistent?
      DPI? I'll check that out.

Have you tried other print size settings, like "Best fit to page (aspect ratio)?"
      Yes. Doesn't work. It stretches the connecting lines so they don't match-up any more.

All I can come up with is questions lol
      Thanks for your interest!

I'm looking to see how I can post this. I can't see the button. Dear O dear O dear.... Whatever happened to 'Post Reply' or 'Submit'?

Comment

Working...
      X