Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thumbnails do not appear in thumbnails view for DxO processed images (version 4.33)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pending Thumbnails do not appear in thumbnails view for DxO processed images (version 4.33)

Since I have upgraded from version 4.32 to version 4.33, IrfanView do not show anymore the thumbnails of images processed by DxO.
    If I revert back to IrfanView 4.32, it works again, like before.
    I have the same problem with images coming from a smartphone, 2 compact digital cameras, and a Nikon D7000.
    Is it a bug?
    I have put 3 images in this zip :
    MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

* frog.jpg : original image, no problem
    * frog_DxO.jpg : image processed by DxO
    * Clipboard01.png : screen copy with IrfanView 4.33 (and there is no such problem with version 4.32)
    Can somebody get the same problem (just by viewing theses images and report if they also get the same thing).
    Thanks,
    Gerard

OS used: Windows Vista

I can confirm the problem. The thumbnail viewer in IrfanView 4.30 shows the thumb, but not in ver 4.33. Looks like a bug to me, so I have moved this to the bug reports forum.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

OK. Thanks.

Here are some more example files (from Samsung Galaxy smartphone, Panasonic Lumix TZ7, Nikon D7000), in case it can help to find the origin of the problem:
      http://www.mediafire.com/?r0m48hm2nupf8ac (18 MB zip file)
      Last edited by gt13013; 01.05.2012, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Looks like IrfanView mistakenly recognizes some Exif-embedded data as a valid JPEG thumbnail, which it is not. For now you can let the thumbnails viewer build thumbnails from the full resolution image.

Open the thumbnails browser -> Options -> Set thumbnail options -> Try to load EXIF-Thumbnail

Version 4.30 didn't have the capability to use Exif thumbnails.

Comment

I got a reply from Irfan:
          In this JPG, the EXIF-Thumb is somehow buggy ... maybe using some proprietary stuff/offsets/tags.

Disable this thumbnails option and everything is OK.

I will add a workaround in the next version.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks a lot j7n! You are right.
            But now I am quite perplexed. Does it means that there is a problem with these DxO images?
            After some more tests, it seems that something has changed in the last DxO upgrade, since the images that I previously processed with DxO did not show the same problem. Here are two images taken by the same camera, processed by different DxO versions (7.21 and 7.22), and they do not behave the same way concerning their EXIF data:
            MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

It seems that the new DxO version does not embed anymore an EXIF thumbnail in the processed images...

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
              I got a reply from Irfan:
              Sorry, I was busy writing my reply to j7n, and I did not read yours.
              I agree with you and Irfan, and the problem seems to come from a DxO change in their last 7.22 version.
              I will try to get an explanation from DxO. For those interested, it is here:

Thanks.
              Last edited by gt13013; 02.05.2012, 11:25 AM.

Comment

I had about the same kind of problem with risizing the thumbnails at photo's with Exif-data. Unchecking "Try to load EXIF-Thumbnail" solved the problem.

Comment

Working...
                X