PhotoZoom Pro 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PhotoZoom Pro 2

I tried PhotoZoom again with an image that would show an obvious difference if there is any, because it contains text and vector lines.

The original was a medium resolution PNG image designed for the Web. I resized this image by 400% first in Irfan View using Lanczos resampling, then in PhotoZoom Pro 2, free trial.

I cropped the same detail in both images to compare them side by side, and added the same area of the original PNG image below. PhotoZoom makes an appreciable difference with this kind of image. Compare the sharp lines and text, and better contrast too. To reduce filesize for uploading the PNG has been saved as a JPG, but that results in only a slight loss of quality, and affects both cropped sections equally.

Of course, if you had the original vector image you could do much better than either of them as you could export it directly to whatever resolution you need.

It would be great if Irfan can create his own algorithm that is as good as that used in PhotoZoom.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 25.10.2007, 04:02 PM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

This is indeed a significant difference in quality. A pity of the watermarks in the free trial.
    I would never do a resizing of 400 % in one step by the way.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

These smart upsampling algorithms have found uses in video game emulators where the source resolution is often too small to be displayed 1:1 on modern monitors. Good to know there's a general purpose tool too.

Comment

Working...
      X