Batch Conversion of multi-page PDF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch Conversion of multi-page PDF

I've been trying to edit multi-page PDF files, so as to apply the same changes to all pages in the file, and then save the updated file in PDF format again. I don't want to have to open and save each page individually in order to apply the changes; I want to apply the same change to the whole file, preferably in a single step.

It seems that the Batch Conversion tool can be used for this. I have tried the following using Batch Conversion:
    - set the Output Format to PDF
    - in the Options, Save all pages from original image" is selected
    - in the Advanced Options, the following are selected:
    "Auto adjust colors", "Overwrite existing files", "Apply changes to all files (TIF/PDF saving)"
    - I selected my original PDF file as the input file

When doing the above, the result is that "Auto adjust colors" only gets applied to the first page in the output file. Is that a bug? The option "Apply changes to all files (TIF/PDF saving)" makes me think that it should work as I want, even for PDF files.

If I set the Output Format to TIF rather than PDF, then "Auto Adjust colors" gets applied to all pages in the output, which is what I want.
    However this way, I have to perform the extra step of re-opening the TIF file in Irfanview, and saving it as a PDF. This isn't much trouble to do, but I was just wondering if there was a way of making it work without needing to do the extra step.

I eventually found a way to update multi-page PDF files with IrfanView, applying the same changes to all pages of the PDF, by means of a batch file. I had posted about it on my blog, but forgot to mention it here until now.

These pages give details on the method I use now ("using a batch file").
    http://djinncoyote.dreamwidth.org/6819.html
    http://djinncoyote.dreamwidth.org/9440.html

I have 2 separate batch files, along with 2 separate folders for the i_view32.ini files, for processing 300 dpi versus 600 dpi files, depending on what resolution the original files are. I invoke the batch files via the right-click "Open With" option in my Windows Explorer window, so that I can easily update any PDF file after scanning it.

Comment

Working...
    X