Finding the RGB setting of an area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Finding the RGB setting of an area

Is there a way in IV to get the RGB setting for an area of an image?

MS Paint has a way following this outline:
    Is there anything similar in IV?

I found it. IV has a color picker just like MS Paint and it works a little easier. I didn't have the Paint dialog visible (F12).

Comment

If you just want to know the color of an image area you do not have to open the Paint dialog. Just click on and hold the left mouse button and both the position (in X,Y coordinates) and the color (in RGB) are displayed in the caption bar at the top of the window for as long as you hold the button down. Note that this feature is not available when the Paint dialog is open. As you have found you can use the color picker instead then.

Note also that you are shown the color of the Screen pixel that you clicked on. If you want to know the color of a specific pixel of the image make sure that you display at 100% zoom ratio (1:1) by pressing Ctrl+H, and remember that if you have color management selected you will see the corrected color which is not necessarily the same as what is stored inside the file.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
        If you just want to know the color of an image area you do not have to open the Paint dialog. Just click on and hold the left mouse button and both the position (in X,Y coordinates) and the color (in RGB) are displayed in the caption bar at the top of the window for as long as you hold the button down. Note that this feature is not available when the Paint dialog is open. As you have found you can use the color picker instead then.
        Thanks for that tip.

In addition to the X,Y and RGB, I also get an HTML setting. Not sure what that is.

A handy enhancement would be some sort of "properties" dialog box that I could park somewhere that would get updated with whatever was selected, such as the RGB settings for the current pixels.

Comment

Working...
        X