Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BUG (v4.30): lose focus if DEL a image then the next pic is corrupted or wrong type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported BUG (v4.30): lose focus if DEL a image then the next pic is corrupted or wrong type

This one was affecting irfanview quite a while, but I've lost my account and time went on. No time to program as well :/.

When you open a given image (any file type) and keep browsing with space/right/left keys, but then you have to erase some old or scratched images, if the next image is of wrong filetype or irfanview cannot open it (corrupted file), irfanview loses focus. This happens more (almost all the time) if the next images are also corrupted or with a wrong file tipe (as GIF instead of JPEG). Alt-Tab doesn't work well. Users have to click on any area or other background window, then irfanview window, in order to keep browsing.

Options I've used: "Jump to next files after deleting/moving", "Don't change directory index" and "Delete to Recycle Bin".
    But it appears to keep on even with those disabled.

I'm using WIN7 64bits, but this problem also occurred in WINXP 32bits.
    Thank you!!
    Last edited by ivanrolim; 10.07.2012, 03:23 AM. Reason: win7
    Always fighting for the better, the optimized way. That's my life.

This is a user2user forum. Irfan doesn't visit here AFAIK.

Try updating to version 4.33 and see if the bug persists. There's not much point reporting bugs for old versions.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Ok, thank you!
      Updated it! 4.33

But the bug is still there. I've seen the changelog anyway, no fix related to this bug. Irfanview keeps losing focus and you have to press alt tab, press OK to confirm file type change, then alt tab again. It's annoying for those who need to check/see hundreds to thousands of images, when, say, 40 of them have incorrect file type or are corrupted (incomplete) files.
      Last edited by ivanrolim; 10.07.2012, 06:32 AM. Reason: seen the changelog as well
      Always fighting for the better, the optimized way. That's my life.

Comment

Working...
      X