No announcement yet.

RIOT plugin shortcut for "Save for Web" for a more productive optimization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested RIOT plugin shortcut for "Save for Web" for a more productive optimization

Users use RIOT a lot to convert some high-res JPEGs. I use more to compress free wallpapers. It optimizes so well, and its batch file is stunning!
    The only problem with it is an actual obstacle of productivity. That's because I have to open RIOT every time, clicking on 'save for web' with the mouse to see if it will compress a given image well with the settings that some users use (76%, Chroma 4:1:1). If it's a way to have a configurable shortcut (or a default one), users will be able to check quickly if a given file can be compressed decently (or inflated). So, while browsing, we can use SPACE, then, say,CONTROL+Q. Ouch, the JPEG will actually be bigger! No, I'll check the next file (SPACE). Then, CONTROL+Q. Okay, it says it can compress 15%. It will be faster.

I don't use batching for these cases because the program just don't let you know which files will be actually bigger withe the applied compression algorithm.

Thanks a bunch!
    Always fighting for the better, the optimized way. That's my life.

I think you should contact the RIOT developer about this.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X