WinXP Taskbar disappears when fullscreen slideshow runs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WinXP Taskbar disappears when fullscreen slideshow runs

When I run a fullscreen slideshow, my taskbar disappears and doesn't reappear till I end the slideshow. NOTE that even pressing the Windows key brings up the Start menu, but still NO taskbar. Very inconvenient! I am running Irfanview 4.33, Windows XP with SP 1-3

I am guessing this is a registry issue, since I can't find any relevant-looking settings in the .ini file by searching "task", "screen" or "slide" terms.

Any one know how to get my taskbar back? And PERMANENTLY by the way - yesterday I ran a slideshow and the taskbar was fine - just that once - but I now can't recreate that scenario at all.

If the taskbar was not removed it would not be a fullscreen slideshow. Run your slideshow in a window if you don't want to hide the taskbar. Exit the slideshow to show the taskbar again.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks, Bhikkhu Pesala.

I have realized that I am using MS Office 2000's Shortcut Toolbar feature, and this program seems to somehow add the ability to see the taskbar while in FS mode with another viewer called LViewPro32. But, I have to first click the Top-Left pixel of the display in order to bring up the taskbar, and this is a feature added by Office 2000. As far as I can tell, it is an entirely undocumented feature; searching for "top left pixel" yields no relevant results from Google, Microsoft.com or Office 2000 Help.

I'm so used to this (very useful) feature I forgot it was involved in the issue. [Unfortunately, MS omitted the toolbar feature in later versions of Office, which is the main reason why I still use 2000.]

I guess Irfanview doesn't work the same way as LViewPro. Too bad, because that was a great example of a 'bug' being a feature - whether the bug is in the Office Toolbar, or in LViewPro, I wouldn't know. LViewPro has other issues I was trying to solve by using IrfanView. Back to the Drawing Board...

Comment

Working...
      X