Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copy/import exif data from jpg to jpg

Hi.

I ocassionally uses image manipulation programs to fix an image (It tend to be Imagestacker in my case) but they doesn't write any exif tags.

This botters me a bit, because I do like to go back ten years ago and remember what camera was used back then. Even if the image is modified some. Until now I've used IV and copied the exif and just stored it as a text file in same directory as the jpgs is stored in.

Then I think it would be nice if it was possible to copy a exif tag from one jpg file to another.

Of course I see the problem with exif tags is kind of proof that the image isn't manipulated. But is that possible?
    If it hurts not to drint, don't waste the bottle then.

Originally posted by Sprintdriver View Post
    Of course I see the problem with exif tags is kind of proof that the image isn't manipulated.
    Not much of a proof. You can put any Exif tag with any image you like.
    Easiest way in Irfanview is to use copy and paste. Open image file 1 (that you want to re-tag), note the size and copy it to the clipboard (Ctrl+C). Then open image file 2 (with the desired Exif tag) and resize it to match image 1. Select all (Ctrl+A), Paste (Ctrl+V) and Save As image 1 name. You now have file 1 image with file 2 Exif data.

Comment

Thanks.

That is a clever workaround

Ok, then exif isn't much of a proof then. I guess only physically negatives can actually be threaten as real photographic proof.
      If it hurts not to drint, don't waste the bottle then.

Comment

Working...
      X