X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Please Add Photoshop PSB Support

Hello!

This is my first forum post here.

Congratulations and thank you for a great application! I've used IrfanView for years, and I've send you some money for the privilege of using it in the past.

PSB Format

Adobe Photoshop has, for several major versions now, supported an extended format called PSB (PhotoShop Big document). IrfanView does not currently interpret this format, and I'd like to request that you add the ability to do so.

The PSB document format uses large numbers internally and has no practical limits on pixel count or file size, but that does not necessarily mean that the document size will be large. In fact, the same document saved in PSD and PSB format is only marginally larger in the latter format.

PSB would be an ideal format to use for Photoshop master docments, except that 3rd party tools like IrfanView don't all support it as of yet.

In summary: Please consider adding the ability for IrfanView to open and display Adobe PSB files.

Images Saved From Photoshop Without Maximize Compatibility Setting

I realize that IrfanView only currently supports the Photoshop PSD format when the document is saved with "Maximize Compatibility" set to ON, and that setting is available for the PSB format as well (and I'm willing to use it).

However, it would be great if you'd consider adding support for interpreting layered files saved without the compatibility setting enabled, as these files are a good bit smaller than those saved the other way. I know that this is not an insignificant amount of work, and this is of less importance than my first request above.

In summary: Please consider adding the ability for IrfanView to open and display Adobe PSD/PSB files saved without "Maximize Compatibility" set.

Thank you!

-Noel Carboni
    Photoshop Expert and Long Time Fan of IrfanView

As you said to support PSB it just needs to duplicate the PSD code and to do some adaptations.

To support files which do not include the composite image is nearly impossible because there are so many features in PS to manipulate the layers. And not all of them are documented. So it would only be possible to support a subset to render the composite image.

And not everybody has a Photoshop available to create test images.

Comment

Working...
    X