Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links

Bhikkhu:
    Sometimes I don't quite understand your removal of links.
    I do agree with removing links to rapidshare or something.
    But my post were not a third party link.
    It were the original links to the original website of Adobe,
    and as I wrote before, it is not easy to navigate the Adobe website and to find those links.
    (Seems like there are multiple groups working at Adobe doing the same thing)
    I would suggest, you let the link be up there for a while (maybe 1 month)
    and then remove the links, because they are outdated.
    But right now, they are like brandnew links.
    Anyway, what was the rule again for posting links?
    Please explain, so that I do it right the next time.

All Win98 users:
    If the Flash upgrade don't work, you have to uninstall it,
    restart the computer, uninstall it AGAIN, restart AGAIN,
    and then install e.g. for IE and restart AGAIN and install for Firefox.
    For the Version 9 archive of Adobe, which includes 9.0.246,
    either look for the technical note "tn_14266" or
    look for the file "fp9_archive.zip" (198 MB!).
    I can't post the link, but maybe the filename helps.

The StandAlone Flashplayer 9.0.246:
    It starts, but when I make browse for files on the HD, it stops.
    Seems like browsing on HD does not work on that SA Flash.

Thanks
    Last edited by lbdude; 03.08.2009, 07:15 PM.

Comment

I don't have time to check out every link posted to see if it is what it claims to be. Link to the download page, and let users decide for themselves which download they need. They may miss vital information and download the wrong file if they download directly, and there is always the possibility that someone could post a spoof link if we allow direct links to executable files.

www.irfanview.com (Check this site out, for example)
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Flash Player without Internet

Hi all, this is Pierre from Belgium.
        I can read SWF files but cant' read FLV.
        I get a message in French saying my Flash reader is too old.

Le lecteur Flash installé sur votre ordinateur est trop ancien. La version 134217728 ou supérieure est requise pour afficher (la suite n'est pas lisible car masqué).
        I'm asked to connect to adobe site but I don't have the Internet on this PC !

In the folder c:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\
        I have an executable NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe from 10/may/08 (Adobe Flash Player Helper 10.0 b218 ) and a file NPSWF32.dll (Shockwave Flash 10.0 b218).

Which have been installed from the program flashplayer10_install_plugin_051508.exe

There is nothing on the adobe site for an "offline" installation, you are supposed to be connected, which is totally stupid.
        So how can I download a Flash Player in a package to install it on my PC later ?

Comment

I think this article explains it best. You could also just grab the Flash Player from a variety of download sites, but most would trust the Adobe site first.

Comment

I've been scrathing my head over this. I always manage to get the real download in a few clicks. Maybe it's because I use an obscure browser. Nothing ever tries to install a widget on K-Meleon!
            Its: Belongs to "It"
            It's: Shortened form of "It is"
            ---------------------
            Lose: Fail to keep
            Loose: Not tight

---------------------
            Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Thanks matera and skippybox.

Skippybox, in the link you give, the program is not the one I'm looking for

Actually, the good link is the following

Note the ax at the end, which means the activex file flash10.ocx is included. The ocx is not included in the other installation file.

The problem is solved for me. But with some files, my old CPU can not handle videos, it stops for 5 seconds every 10 seconds.
              I have the problem with MPC and Irfanview multimedia viewer.

Comment

Yes, I knew you'd come across the companion link in there. Since, this really is a bigger problem for Flash users in general, I just posted the one link since it covers both browsers anyway.

Does your old computer support the system requirements of MPC and Flash Player? Even if it does, old systems will usually choke on today's modern video. There have been too many enhancements in CPU and graphics cards in the last few years to try to use an old computer. You'll probably need something in the last 3 years or so to get decent performance.

Comment

Working...
                X