Ongoing issue with slow opening images.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ongoing issue with slow opening images.

First off, I want to say that I'm not computer-proficient, so please don't worry about talking down to me. Consider me to be computer-dumb. I love Irfanview but this problem keeps popping up over and over again and is extremely frustrating. Sometimes months will go by in between occurrences and at other times, only days. When I have this problem, I click on a thumbnail to open an image and it can take 25 seconds or longer before the photo opens. I don't have this problem if I use Windows Live Photo Gallery to open the images, but that doesn't give me all of the options that I want. I've searched online and found different suggestions that will seem to work for a short while, including customizing the files to "General Items." (Which by the way, periodically somehow becomes "unchecked.") Some of the folders have many images in them, but others, only a few. If I uninstall Irfanview, change the default back to Windows Photo, and don't reinstall Irfanview for a few days, everything seems to work fine again, for a few weeks, or in some cases, only a few days. I have McAfee and I've seen that some people here have conflicts with it but if that was the problem, why would uninstalling and reinstalling Irfanview fix the problem, albeit only for a while? It seems to be happening with increasing frequency and I'm close to giving up on Irfanview. Thank you.
Working...
X