Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 identical copies of IV - 2 different limitations??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 identical copies of IV - 2 different limitations??

IV 4.33 -- same computer (XP Pro/SP3) one copy started from program files: the font sample text truncates after 171 characters ... the other copy starts from a copy on a network drive (the system that hosts it is also XP Pro/SP3) and the sample is currently 193 characters and doesn't seem to be limited (which I'd prefer obviously) so what's the difference? how can the same version on the same computer work fine in one case & arbitrarily truncate in the other?

Well, I manually compared the .ini files, and to make that easier I rearranged the order of the sections & properties in the one that was truncating to better match the one that worked properly ... Nothing LOOKS like it should be significant ... but now that rearranged one no longer truncates -- so ... I guess this is resolved, although I'd consider it an ominous sign of some deeper issue ... oh well.

Comment

What sample in Irfanview are you talking about that shows these 171 characters? The only Font sample I can think of is in the Insert text dialog and that only shows a handful of characters.

Comment

IrfanView can be used to view TrueType fonts.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X