New printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New printer

I had old printer installed HP allinone.

File/select Twain source
    File, acquire batch scanning

All working.

Bought new HP allinone, other model of it, instaled,

File/select Twain source --> no effect, nothing happens
    File, acquire batch scanning --> progress icon and then it disapears and nothing, no scanning, nothing

With shipped HP software scanning on new printer works.

Any tip ? Would like to have old printer scanner working as it works and has better resolution than new.
    & ofcourse would like to have all working through irfan view.

control panel / can left click/scan on both printers and it works.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	84573
    Last edited by BubikolRamios; 15.10.2012, 10:16 AM.

If you cannot see it listed in the Select Twain source dialog then there is no point in trying Acquire batch scanning.
    Irfanview will recognise either a standard Twain interface driver or a WIA one. Does your HP allinone claim to have either such interface for the scanner output? Most new scanners have WIA.
    If no suitable driver is found by your Windows system or was supplied with the machine then try the HP website to see if one is available there.

Edit: Looks as though there are known issues there.
    Last edited by Mij; 16.10.2012, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
      Edit: Looks as though there are known issues there.
      Thanks.

The scan doctor that I downloaded from there fixed the thing, as it looks like for now.
      I had to restart IrfanView doh, before it took effect.
      Only new printer fix was sufficient to get both printers on twain source list.

Comment

Ich empfehle immer, neu zu starten und das Fehlerwiederherstellungsprogramm zu verwenden. Früher habe ich als Systemadministrator gearbeitet und 90% der Probleme wurden mit diesen Aktionen gelöst.

I always recommend restarting and using the error recovery program. I used to work as a system administrator and 90% of the problems were solved with these actions.
        Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 25.10.2021, 08:50 PM. Reason: English translation added since this topic is in the English sectopm pf tje fpri,/

Comment

Install HP driver then select printer each time when you print.

Comment

Working...
          X