Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorting like in OS (windows)

hi there,
    im looking for solution of this problem: i'm sorting the pics in my folder in windows explorer, like ascending by name, date or something like this,
    then i click on one pic and start to scroll thru the folder with next oder prev button in irfanview, then happens the shit: irfanview have
    an own sorting, so the pics are not appearing in the follow like in windows explorer. so how to do, that irfanview takes the pics in the same
    order like they are displayed in windows explorer?

and the second question ist about navigating with mouse: other progs like acdsee 5.x are very nice to navigate, and i'm missing some
    features in irfanview, so i dont know if i'm too stupid to use this prog... so i.e. the left mouse button would be nice fom me to select
    an area of an pic, and then to zoom. or to zoom with the mousewheel... but if i click the pic, it appears the next or prev pic :-( i can't manage
    this.

thanx for answers.

Originally posted by solaris View Post
    hi there,
    im looking for solution of this problem: i'm sorting the pics in my folder in windows explorer, like ascending by name, date or something like this,
    then i click on one pic and start to scroll thru the folder with next oder prev button in irfanview, then happens the shit: irfanview have
    an own sorting, so the pics are not appearing in the follow like in windows explorer. so how to do, that irfanview takes the pics in the same
    order like they are displayed in windows explorer?
    Go to the Options menu, choose Sort Directory Files, and in the Flyout submenu choose "by Name (Natural/Logic order)" and you will likely be happier. Just don't ask me to use that order... I instead tell Windows to not use that order.

Originally posted by solaris View Post
    and the second question ist about navigating with mouse: other progs like acdsee 5.x are very nice to navigate, and i'm missing some
    features in irfanview, so i dont know if i'm too stupid to use this prog... so i.e. the left mouse button would be nice fom me to select
    an area of an pic, and then to zoom. or to zoom with the mousewheel... but if i click the pic, it appears the next or prev pic :-( i can't manage
    this.

thanx for answers.
    Sounds like you are in full screen mode. Try hitting Enter, to toggle full screen mode. Then the left mouse button will let you click-n-drag to select an area, left click inside that area to zoom that area to be as large as possible and still fit your current window size.

Comment

Working...
    X