Fullscreen view and CAPS LOCK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no bug Fullscreen view and CAPS LOCK

If you're viewing an image full screen and toggle CAPS LOCK, the view changes to window mode. Toggling CAPS LOCK should have no effect (just as pressing the SHIFT key has no effect).

If you're viewing an image full screen and have CAPS LOCK on, pressing the function keys to move/copy the image (F7/F8) changes the view to windows mode instead of bringing up the move/copy dialog.

I noticed this in version 4.35. Don't know if this bug was in earlier versions.

Originally posted by cwb3106 View Post
    If you're viewing an image full screen and toggle CAPS LOCK, the view changes to window mode. Toggling CAPS LOCK should have no effect (just as pressing the SHIFT key has no effect).
    I can confirm that this is so, although I doubt that it should be classed as a bug. Could be quite useful actually. I just tried it in V4.28 and it is exactly the same.

If you're viewing an image full screen and have CAPS LOCK on, pressing the function keys to move/copy the image (F7/F8) changes the view to windows mode instead of bringing up the move/copy dialog.
    This one I cannot reproduce on a desktop PC. Are you using a laptop where you need to press the Fn key with some other in order to get F7 or F8?

Footnote: I see it does the same during a Slideshow too, and there are several other undocumented keystrokes. AltGr also switches to Windowed mode and Pause followed by Insert moves to the next image. Does it really matter though?
    Last edited by Mij; 25.11.2012, 03:16 PM. Reason: Footnote added

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
      This one I cannot reproduce on a desktop PC. Are you using a laptop where you need to press the Fn key with some other in order to get F7 or F8?
      Using a desktop with standard USB keyboard.

Comment

OK. I can see that one may be a nuisance but, as I said, I cannot reproduce it.
        Perhaps someone else might try it and, if it is agreed to be unacceptable can notify Irfan about it.

Comment

I also cannot reproduce the F7/F8 problem using a PS/2 keyboard on Win 7 x64.

Comment

I have no idea why this would affect anyone, i.e. why would anyone need to toggle caps lock in fullscreen mode, but I can confirm the bug on Windows XP Home. I have forwarded a bug report to Irfan Skiljan.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I got a reply already from Irfan

This is not a bug.

ANY non used key will end fullscreen ... this is like that all the time, in all versions.

E.g. press J and it will end it ... like some other keys too.
              ---
              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
              X