Grabbing vertical divider in thumbail explorer window is HARD TO DO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grabbing vertical divider in thumbail explorer window is HARD TO DO

Hi. I've been using Irfanview on Windows for many years. This problem is unique to Irfanview. When viewing thumbnails in the explorer style divided window if you want to resize either pane it is often difficult to grab hold of the vertical divider with the mouse cursor and more often than not takes a couple of tries to latch on to it. I've never found this problem in any other programs only Irfanview. It's annoying but it has never been addressed (fixed). It's not a problem with my computer. I've used a dozen different computers and numerous versions of Irfanview and it's always been the same.
    I'm not a programmer but it seems like it would be a simple fix.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 22.12.2012, 09:20 AM. Reason: Foul language is not allowed here

I do not notice any difference in handling between IV Thumbnails and WinExplorer: the cursor turns into a double-pointed arrow easily, I click and resize. Same operating system as you have. Perhaps something to do with the resolution settings of either your screen or your mouse?

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

There is a general issue in Irfanview that if you try to drag something too quickly you can leave it behind. As if you have lost hold of what you are dragging.
      I have not seen that in other applications but it has never been a problem to me. Just drag a bit slower.
      Maybe it depends on how you set the Pointer Options of Mouse Properties in Windows Control panel.

Comment

I've never noticed any problem with it, in any of the many computers (and Windows versions) I've run IV on. I don't know what to say. :-/
        Its: Belongs to "It"
        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
        ---------------------
        Lose: Fail to keep
        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

I have this problem sometimes, but I usually don't use the selection function. The area around the selection is big enough for the most systems.

An optionon may be the mouse settings: modify the acceleration and the speed.

Comment

Working...
          X