IV 4.35 will not install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IV 4.35 will not install

I have been using IV for at least 10 years and have never before had any trouble installing it. I currently run IV 4.30 without problem and decided to upgrade to 4.35 today. I went to IV homepage and clicked the "download latest IV" button at right on that page. I have now downloaded twice and install fails in same way. I am running windows Vista on a 32 bit machine. I have temporarily disabled the windows security essentials but it did not help.

Here is what happens: I double click the setup file and I get the message that my permission is needed to continue, so I click "continue". I then get the hourglass for 15 seconds or so and then the cursor returns. No IV install instructions to follow. I tried to install the 4.35 plugins and the same thing happens.

Any suggestions?? I guess I can just stay on IV 4.30, but I would really like to upgrade to 4.35.

This is what you should see when you start the setup file. If its something about asking for permissions, then that's probably a Windows message to do with UAC (User Access Control). Using Windows XP here, so I am not familiar with how it works, or how to change permissions.

It could also be your Firewall that is asking for permission to run the setup file.
    Attached Files
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Yes, it is UAC asking for my permission, and by hitting continue I am giving my permission. The problem is that the "Welcome to Irfanview Setup!" window never appears, and nothing gets installed.

Comment

Am I allowed to mention the portable-edition of IrfanView here?

Comment

Working...
        X