Printing on a network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing on a network

I've been using IrfranView successfully to print jpegs using setting the /ini= path to C:\Filepath. This also works nicely for the users that connect remotely to the server. It does not work however if I change the path to \\MyServer\FilePath. The path is valid, all other uses of that UNC path work as expected.

Is there some reason I can't use UNC to specify the location of the ini file?

I suspect that Irfan has never got around to including it as an option in that particular Command line option. The program was written back in the days when all network paths were mapped to a drive letter. You will probably have to email direct to Irfan and ask him to include it.

Comment

Since starting this thread we’ve been limping along and ignoring the printing problem since there seemed to be only a couple of users being affected but that has changed. To reiterate we have users connected remotely to the server and others who are connected directly via a T1 line. I recently mapped a drive to the ini file thinking that this would solve the problem but it doesn’t seem to have helped. I can easily print the following image by using the IrfanView console executable on the server but cannot by the command line shown below, both methods are using the same ini file.

\\mercury\FTKR\AppHTML\CompanyImages\138106-1.jpg /ini=S:\ /print=”Brother MFC-8890DW Printer”

I’ve tried numerous combinations, S:, S:\, printer name with and without quotes, etc.

Is the use of a UNC path for the image also biting me?

Comment

Working...
      X