Batch file for multiple folder processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch file for multiple folder processing

I have several thousand pages that reside in about 15 folders that need to be edited. Currently I have to navigate to the directory, open the first image, File>Batch Conversion/Rename,Configure my options (Auto adjust color, reduce color depth, sharpen 25, save as .tif CCITT G4) and run the batch. It takes about 2 hours for one batch to complete. (each batch is about 600 tifs of about 40mb each) I know there is a way to write a batch file to do this. I would like to be able to let it run overnight. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 12.03.2013, 06:21 AM. Reason: Remove large text

I am a bit confused by your explanation. Do you need a different configuration for each folder, or for each file?

Comment

No I just needed help writing a batch file to do multiple directories and replicate the original directory structure. The guys at stackoverflow helped me figure it out. I have another issue with the same project though. It's detailed in my other thread.

Comment

Hi,

you can also use the checkbox "Include subdirectories (for 'Add all')" on the left lower side of the batch conversion dialog. Than navigate to your picture folder and click "Add all". This should do a lot of the work.

If you have repeating tasks than a script would be better.

Have a look at my script for creating thumbnails. This scans the directory structure and create thumbnails of the pictures. Since I don't know how much experince you have in writing scripts I don't know what help you need.

Give me a short answer if you have problems, ok?

Regards
        Nils

Comment

Working...
        X