IrfanView 4.35 crashes on clicking "installed Plugins"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported IrfanView 4.35 crashes on clicking "installed Plugins"

Windows 7 x64 SP1, Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) 3.5.0 (max. security settings). Also with administrator rights (account and run as). How can I check which plugins are installed?

Thank you for help and work!

Try moving all of the plugins to a temporary folder, then use Help, Installed plugins to see if it still crashes. If not, restore the plugins one by one until it crashes again.

I assume that you already installed the latest plugins for the current version.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by insectinegate View Post
      How can I check which plugins are installed?
      Go to the directory where IrfanView is installed. There you find a subdirectory named "Plugins". All installed plugins you will find there.

Comment

EMET 4.1 Update1 traps some plugins in Irfanview 4.38

When displaying the list of installed plugins (menu: Help | Installed plugins...), Irfanview 4.38 seemed to hang, and 5 notifications from EMET popped up announcing termination of i_view32.exe. But Irfanview survived and finally displayed the list of plugins with their version (five had no such info).

Windows Event Manager listed 5 entries from EMET (version 4.1 Update1) where plugin DLL's had been trapped by Data Execution Prevention (DEP). These modules had tried to run program code residing in a storage area not marked as executable-only:
        • EAFSH.DLL
        • FUNLTDIV.DLL
        • LOGOMANAGER.DLL
        • MRC.DLL
        • VTF.DLL

I guess that these DLL's have been built with "legacy" linker and compiler options, so that (modifiable) data and program code end up in a loadable segment. Re-building with proper options might solve the problem. The plugins' maintainers will have to look into this.

Comment

You should probably email Irfan about this.

Comment

Working...
          X