• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Text position - grayed out

Hi All,

Using ver 4.35 with plugins installed.
    Trying to do basic text insert, but in Add Overlay Text to Image,
    the Start Corner (batch mode) is Left Top and text does get inserted that way.

Other choices are grayed out.

Is there a way to select Left Bottom? I'm doing just one jpg file at a time.

I can draw a box on the bottom and text will go there, but would be nice
    to have the other choices available.

Thanks...

No. Start corner can only be selected when doing Batch operations.
    If you do not draw a selection box before opening the dialog then the box defaults to be the whole image. So you can use Text alignment to position the text at Top left, Top center or Top right. This is the first Irfanview version where you have been able to do even this. Perhaps the next release will allow you to align the text at Bottom left, center and right as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
      So you can use Text alignment to position the text at Top left, Top center or Top right .
      Thanks Mij...So, I'm not missing something - that's how it works at this time. Box works fine, but for quick text addition, with more precise positioning, I'd prefer choices similar to batch mode. When I draw a box, it's never centered :-) Not sure how much programming is involved.

Comment

When all else fails ......

Photonak
        Like you I had failed to read the "Hints" at the bottom of the dialog box. You can click on the image to position the text wherever you want it.

Comment

Working...
        X