Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Windows 7 start button visible in full-screen mode

Hello everybody,

I'm experiencing a strange phenomenon on Windows 7 (32 bit): When running IrfanView in full-screen mode, the Windows start button remains visible. The rest of the taskbar and the desktop disappear as expected, only the button is there in the black area next to the image (and works as usual, i.e. I can open the start menu without leaving full-screen mode). I have two other PCs with Windows 7 (64 bit), where this phenomenon does not occur.

Can anybody help me with this? The button – though outside the image area due to my wide-screen monitor – is somewhat distracting when watching photos.

Best regards,
    Joerg

Problem solved – it seems that using a very high desktop resolution (1920 x 1080 in my case) can lead to scaling problems with some applications (in my case, for example, the taskbar remained visible in full-screen YouTube videos, and OpenGL games used wrong window/full-screen sizes). The solution is to right-click on the icon of the application and, under "compatibility", check the option "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings".

Comment

Working...
    X