Requested: alternate zoomed start position for fullscreen mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Requested: alternate zoomed start position for fullscreen mode

In the older versions of Irfanview, when you switched to full-screen mode, without zoom, the program jumped to the top left corner and you could navigate from there. This was great e.g. for scanned pages. The "newer" versions (4.3something) jump to the middle of the picture which means that you have to manually jump to the top left (or right if you are reading arabian / japanese / etc) every time you load a new picture file. This switch in functionality made me switch back to older versions of Irfanview.

It would be nice to have the old function back even as a radio button option in the settings menu.

Edit:
    There is a partial switch, which while does this, neglects one of the things the older implementation had:

The implementation in the earlier versions differed in that if the picture was not as wide as the display, the picture was aligned to the center of it. Quite like the new implementation does it if with smaller pictures. Sorry, I left this out.

Right now if you are viewing e.g. pictures that are 1000x2000 on a 1920x1080 monitor, you have two options: either align it to the center and have to scroll up every time, (which looks OK) or align it to the left of the screen, leaving half of the screen empty and forcing your general viewpoint to the left instead of retaining it in the center.
    Last edited by nagi; 22.04.2013, 11:26 PM.

You have the choice in v4.35. The button is in Full screen settings, "Center image on screen". I cannot remember what earlier versions 4.3x had.

Comment

Ah, yes. The implementation in the earlier versions differed in that if the picture was not as wide as the display, the picture was aligned to the center of it. Quite like the new implementation does it if with smaller pictures. Sorry, I left this out.

Right now if you are viewing e.g. pictures that are 1000x2000 on a 1920x1080 monitor, you have two options: either align it to the center and have to scroll up every time, (which looks OK) or align it to the left of the screen, leaving half of the screen empty and forcing your general viewpoint to the left instead of retaining it in the center.

I've added this to the OP.
      Last edited by nagi; 22.04.2013, 11:26 PM.

Comment

I would like to second this request.
        I have the same use case - watching images that are less wide but higher than the screen resolution, at original size in fullscreen. E.g. scanned DIN A 4 pages (portrait).

The perfect way (which earlier versions did) is to first display the upper part, centered horizontally, then after <PgDn> show the lower part, etc.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X