save as pdf requires password, how to disable v4.35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved save as pdf requires password, how to disable v4.35

I tried the save as PDF but it requires a password.

I researched and see something about turning that off in the "security tab" but can't find any security tab in the options or the save as dialog.

Is this different in v4.35? Regardless, if you could give a detailed explanation of how to find the setting to turn it off, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks,

Rich

When You choose "save as PDF", a dialog box will appear with a few tabs, one of which is named "activate security" or similar. Open this tab once and look for an entry like "security" which should be right on top. Uncheck this box and confirm the dialog. Now PDFs should be saved without password. :-)

Originally posted by rwernst View Post
    I tried the save as PDF but it requires a password.

I researched and see something about turning that off in the "security tab" but can't find any security tab in the options or the save as dialog.

Is this different in v4.35? Regardless, if you could give a detailed explanation of how to find the setting to turn it off, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks,

Rich

Comment

Thanks, but I don't get any such tab. Besides the normal Windows 7 Save As box, I get another window with just Tabs marked General and ImPDF. See attached pic.
      Attached Files

Comment

You should get this

Click image for larger version

Name:	003.png
Views:	1
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	80923

Is your plugin up to date? Check the date of your file ImPDF.dll in the Plugins folder.

Comment

Interesting, obviously not the ImPDF window I get, hence my confusion about a security tab which should be there but isn't.

I've gone ahead and uninstalled, then reinstalled irfanview and the plugins (v4.35 for program and plugins). But the date on the impdf.dll is just today's date, since I just reinstalled. I looked at the properties but couldn't find a date or version of the plugin.

I'm running Windows 7, 64 bit, 4 gig ram, dual core 3.0GHz system, plenty of space on my C: drive.

Irfanview is installing to the C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView directory and other than this anomaly it's been flawless.

What else can I check? When I have my notebook out (XP, not W7 however), I'll see if I get the correct ImPDF window in that and let you all know.

Hmmm, final thought, is there a setting somewhere I could manually change to disable the security since I can't seem to get the graphical place to do it?

Oh, and I've tried installing the ini file for irfanview itself to the irfanview folder instead of user's folder. Doesn't seem to make any difference.

HELP!

Comment

Click the Radio button — Preview of PDF during save operation, not needed (Select settings now)
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

SOLVED! - had to click radio button to preview NOT needed to see all tabs!

THANKS! That was it, simple, yet non-intuitive at all.

You folks are the greatest!

Rich

Comment

Working...
              X